Carolyn J Tompsett
Affiliation: Bowling Green State University
- Travel beyond the home neighborhood for delinquent behaviors: Moderation of home neighborhood influencesCarolyn J Tompsett
Bowling Green State University, USA Electronic address
J Adolesc 37:325-33. 2014..These findings suggest that future research and prevention efforts should include more attention to how adolescents may be influenced by multiple neighborhoods. ..
- Peer substance use and homelessness predicting substance abuse from adolescence through early adulthoodCarolyn J Tompsett
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH, USA
Am J Community Psychol 51:520-9. 2013....
- Prediction of restraints among youth in a psychiatric hospital: application of translational action researchCarolyn J Tompsett
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, USA
J Clin Psychol 67:368-82. 2011..None of the variables assessed predicted the extent of a youth's restraint involvement. The implications of these findings are discussed with respect to future research and empirically informed practice with high-risk youth...
- Community and family violence: indirect effects of parental monitoring on externalizing problemsPatrick J Fowler
Department of Psychology, DePaul University, 2219 North Kenmore Avenue, Room 420, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Prev Interv Community 37:302-15. 2009..Although family violence relates to less parental warmth, no association exits between warmth and externalizing problems. Unmeasured variables that contribute to racial differences may explain how violence impacts African American teens...
- Community violence: a meta-analysis on the effect of exposure and mental health outcomes of children and adolescentsPatrick J Fowler
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, Maccabees Building, 7th Floor, 5057 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Dev Psychopathol 21:227-59. 2009..Compared to children, adolescents reported a stronger relationship between externalizing behaviors and exposure, whereas children exhibited greater internalizing problems than did adolescents...
- Age differences among homeless individuals: adolescence through adulthoodCarolyn J Tompsett
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Prev Interv Community 37:86-99. 2009..Younger adults also endorsed higher levels of hostile and paranoid psychological symptoms. Implications for service provision and policy are discussed...
- Homelessness in the United States: assessing changes in prevalence and public opinion, 1993-2001Carolyn J Tompsett
Research Group on Homelessness and Poverty, Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, 71 W Warren Ave, Detroit, MI, 48202, USA
Am J Community Psychol 37:47-61. 2006..Across the surveys, younger, female, liberal, and less wealthy respondents demonstrated more sympathetic attitudes towards homeless people...