HOWARD CASEY CROMWELL
Affiliation: Bowling Green State University
- Influence of emotional states on inhibitory gating: animals models to clinical neurophysiologyHoward C Cromwell
Department of Psychology and J P Scott Center for Neuroscience, Mind and Behavior at Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, United States Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 276:67-75. 2015..Results could inform clinical work with the development of tools that depend upon cross-domain communication, and enable a better understanding and evaluation of psychological impairment. ..
- Inhibitory gating of single unit activity in amygdala: effects of ketamine, haloperidol, or nicotineHoward C Cromwell
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:880-9. 2007..Little information is currently available concerning local neural networks of inhibitory gating or the intrinsic neurochemical substrates involved in the process...
- Single unit and population responses during inhibitory gating of striatal activity in freely moving ratsH C Cromwell
Department of Psychology and The J P Scott Center for Neuroscience, Mind and Behavior at Bowling Green State University, Psychology Building, Bowling Green, OH 43403, USA
Neuroscience 146:69-85. 2007..Overall, our results support local IG by single neurons in striatum but also suggest that rapid inhibition is not the dominant activation profile observed in other brain regions...
- Effects of polychlorinated biphenyls on maternal odor conditioning in rat pupsHoward C Cromwell
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, USA
Physiol Behav 91:658-66. 2007..In conclusion, perinatal PCBs alter important social behaviors of both the mother and pup, and these alterations could have long-lasting effects on behavioral, cognitive and emotional development...
- Sensory gating: a translational effort from basic to clinical scienceHoward C Cromwell
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, Ohio 43403, USA
Clin EEG Neurosci 39:69-72. 2008..Animal and human research both have limitations. We emphasize the need for integrative approaches to understand the process and combine information between basic and clinical fields so that a more complete picture of SG will emerge...
- Rethinking the cognitive revolution from a neural perspective: how overuse/misuse of the term 'cognition' and the neglect of affective controls in behavioral neuroscience could be delaying progress in understanding the BrainMindHOWARD CASEY CROMWELL
Department of Psychology and J P Scott Center for Neuroscience, Mind and Behavior, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43402, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 35:2026-35. 2011....
- Auditory inhibitory gating in the amygdala: single-unit analysis in the behaving ratHoward C Cromwell
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Brain Res 1043:12-23. 2005..These findings demonstrate the existence of inhibitory gating in the amygdala and provide a detailed description of the basic properties of this rapid neural inhibition that could play an important role in filtering stimulus input...
- Perinatal exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls alters social behaviors in ratsBanafsheh Jolous-Jamshidi
Department of Biological Sciences, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403 0208, USA
Toxicol Lett 199:136-43. 2010..These types of social-context deficits are similar to behavioral deficits observed in social disorders such as autism and other pervasive developmental disorders...
- Rat pup social motivation: a critical component of early psychological developmentHOWARD CASEY CROMWELL
Department of Psychology and J P Scott Center for Neuroscience, Mind and Behavior, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, United States
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 35:1284-90. 2011..A greater focus on the offspring motivation following early 'stressors' will allow for more complete understanding of the dynamics in behavior during early social development...
- The effects of prenatal stress on motivation in the rat pupKelley M Harmon
Department of Psychology and JP Scott Center for Neuroscience, Mind and Behavior, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, USA
Stress 12:250-8. 2009..This type of alteration in forming early preferences could be detrimental because of decreases in the specificity of social learning and an impaired responsiveness in social relationships...
- Influence of reward devaluation on striatal activityHOWARD CROMWELL; Fiscal Year: 2003....