Affiliation: Boston University
- Patient satisfaction with hospital care: effects of demographic and institutional characteristicsG J Young
Management Decision and Research Center, Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development Service, Boston University School of Public Health, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 38:325-34. 2000..On the basis of previous research, these factors might include the demographic characteristics of patients (eg, age) and the institutional characteristics (eg, size) of the health care organizations where care was received...
- Conceptual issues in the design and implementation of pay-for-quality programsGary J Young
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, USA
Am J Med Qual 20:144-50. 2005..Examples are drawn from the Rewarding Results demonstration project for which the authors serve as the national evaluation team...
- Effects of paying physicians based on their relative performance for qualityGary J Young
Department of Health Policy and Management, Boston University School of Public Health, Talbot Building, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118 2526, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:872-6. 2007..No studies to date have evaluated programs placing providers at financial risk for performance relative to other participants in the program...
- Physician attitudes toward pay-for-quality programs: perspectives from the front lineGary J Young
Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Med Care Res Rev 64:331-43. 2007..Findings indicate physicians have generally positive attitudes toward the concept of P4Q, but are ambivalent about certain features of these programs as currently designed and implemented...
- Pioneering pay-for-quality: lessons from the rewarding results demonstrationsGary J Young
Department of Health Policy and Management, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118 2526, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:59-70. 2007....
- Pay-for-performance in safety net settings: issues, opportunities, and challenges for the futureGary Young
Department of Health Policy and Management, Boston University School of Public Health, USA
J Healthc Manag 55:132-41; discussion 141-2. 2010..Overall, study results point to opportunities to improve the design and implementation of P4P programs in safety net settings...
- The relationship between organizational climate and quality of chronic disease managementJustin K Benzer
Center for Organization, Leadership, and Management Research, VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Health Serv Res 46:691-711. 2011..To test the utility of a two-dimensional model of organizational climate for explaining variation in diabetes care between primary care clinics...
- Evaluation of the 'Rewarding Results' ProgramGary Young; Fiscal Year: 2005..s. ..