Affiliation: Boston University
- Malaria prevalence among pregnant women in two districts with differing endemicity in Chhattisgarh, IndiaNeeru Singh
Regional Medical Research Centre for Tribals, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
Malar J 11:274. 2012....
- Clinico-epidemiological profile and predictors of severe illness in young infants (0-59 days) in GhanaK Yeboah-Antwi
Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, USA
Ann Trop Paediatr 28:35-43. 2008..Young infant mortality has remained high and relatively unchanged compared with deaths of older infants. Strategies to reduce infant mortality, however, are mostly targeted at the older child...
- Community case management of fever due to malaria and pneumonia in children under five in Zambia: a cluster randomized controlled trialKojo Yeboah-Antwi
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 7:e1000340. 2010..This study was designed to assess the effectiveness and feasibility of using CHWs to manage nonsevere pneumonia and uncomplicated malaria with the aid of rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs)...
- Quality and safety of integrated community case management of malaria using rapid diagnostic tests and pneumonia by community health workersDavidson H Hamer
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University, USA
Pathog Glob Health 106:32-9. 2012..To assess the quality and safety of having community health workers (CHWs) in rural Zambia use rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) and provide integrated management of malaria and pneumonia...
- Improved diagnostic testing and malaria treatment practices in ZambiaDavidson H Hamer
Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02118, USA
JAMA 297:2227-31. 2007....
- Attitudes, knowledge, and practices regarding malaria prevention and treatment among pregnant women in Eastern IndiaLora L Sabin
Center for Global Health and Development, Department of International Health, Boston University School of Public Health 801 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:1010-6. 2010..Policy makers should focus on improving knowledge and availability of effective malaria control strategies in this population...
- Availability and utilization of malaria prevention strategies in pregnancy in eastern IndiaBlair J Wylie
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Public Health 10:557. 2010..It is not known whether prevention and treatment strategies for malaria in pregnancy (case management, insecticide-treated bednets, intermittent preventive therapy) are widely utilized in India...
- Burden of malaria in pregnancy in Jharkhand State, IndiaDavidson H Hamer
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Malar J 8:210. 2009..Given the large population at risk, a cross sectional study was conducted in order to better define the burden of malaria in pregnancy in Jharkhand, a malaria-endemic state in central-east India...
- Plasma zinc concentrations are depressed during the acute phase response in children with falciparum malariaChristopher Duggan
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Nutr 135:802-7. 2005..In children whose age, diet, and/or nutritional status place them at risk of zinc deficiency, those with low plasma zinc levels should be supplemented with oral zinc and followed for clinical and/or biochemical response...