Affiliation: Boston University
- Malaria prevalence among pregnant women in two districts with differing endemicity in Chhattisgarh, IndiaNeeru Singh
Regional Medical Research Centre for Tribals, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
Malar J 11:274. 2012....
- Community case management of fever due to malaria and pneumonia in children under five in Zambia: a cluster randomized controlled trialKojo Yeboah-Antwi
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 7:e1000340. 2010..This study was designed to assess the effectiveness and feasibility of using CHWs to manage nonsevere pneumonia and uncomplicated malaria with the aid of rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs)...
- Clinico-epidemiological profile and predictors of severe illness in young infants (0-59 days) in GhanaK Yeboah-Antwi
Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, USA
Ann Trop Paediatr 28:35-43. 2008..Young infant mortality has remained high and relatively unchanged compared with deaths of older infants. Strategies to reduce infant mortality, however, are mostly targeted at the older child...
- Quality and safety of integrated community case management of malaria using rapid diagnostic tests and pneumonia by community health workersDavidson H Hamer
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University, USA
Pathog Glob Health 106:32-9. 2012..To assess the quality and safety of having community health workers (CHWs) in rural Zambia use rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) and provide integrated management of malaria and pneumonia...
- Attitudes, knowledge, and practices regarding malaria prevention and treatment among pregnant women in Eastern IndiaLora L Sabin
Center for Global Health and Development, Department of International Health, Boston University School of Public Health 801 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:1010-6. 2010..Policy makers should focus on improving knowledge and availability of effective malaria control strategies in this population...
- Improved diagnostic testing and malaria treatment practices in ZambiaDavidson H Hamer
Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02118, USA
JAMA 297:2227-31. 2007....
- Availability and utilization of malaria prevention strategies in pregnancy in eastern IndiaBlair J Wylie
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Public Health 10:557. 2010..It is not known whether prevention and treatment strategies for malaria in pregnancy (case management, insecticide-treated bednets, intermittent preventive therapy) are widely utilized in India...
- Impact of biomass fuels on pregnancy outcomes in central East IndiaBlair J Wylie
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Vincent Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA, USA
Environ Health 13:1. 2014..Our objective was to evaluate effects of exposure to biomass smoke on birth weight, preterm birth and stillbirth...
- Burden of malaria in pregnancy in Jharkhand State, IndiaDavidson H Hamer
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Malar J 8:210. 2009..Given the large population at risk, a cross sectional study was conducted in order to better define the burden of malaria in pregnancy in Jharkhand, a malaria-endemic state in central-east India...
- Prevention and management of neonatal hypothermia in rural zambiaKarsten Lunze
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Department of Global Health, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e92006. 2014..Since little is known about practices related to newborn hypothermia in rural Africa, this study's goal was to characterize relevant practices, attitudes, and beliefs in rural Zambia...
- Plasma zinc concentrations are depressed during the acute phase response in children with falciparum malariaChristopher Duggan
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Nutr 135:802-7. 2005..In children whose age, diet, and/or nutritional status place them at risk of zinc deficiency, those with low plasma zinc levels should be supplemented with oral zinc and followed for clinical and/or biochemical response...