Renda Soylemez Wiener
Affiliation: Boston University
- What do you mean, a spot?: A qualitative analysis of patients' reactions to discussions with their physicians about pulmonary nodulesRenda Soylemez Wiener
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Chest 143:672-7. 2013..Although most nodules are benign, it may take 2 to 3 years to rule out cancer. We sought to characterize patients’ perceptions of communication with their providers about pulmonary nodules...
- Time trends in pulmonary embolism in the United States: evidence of overdiagnosisRenda Soylemez Wiener
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:831-7. 2011....
- Population-based risk for complications after transthoracic needle lung biopsy of a pulmonary nodule: an analysis of discharge recordsRenda Soylemez Wiener
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:137-44. 2011..Data on complications after transthoracic needle lung biopsy are limited to case series from selected institutions...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 is primarily epithelial and is developmentally regulated in the mouse lungRenda Soylemez Wiener
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 101:1278-91. 2007..In summary, murine pulmonary ACE2 appears to be primarily epithelial, is developmentally regulated, and has two transcripts that include a previously undescribed exon...
- Linezolid vs glycopeptide antibiotics for the treatment of suspected methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nosocomial pneumonia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsAllan J Walkey
Boston University School of Medicine, The Pulmonary Center, 715 Albany St, R 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Chest 139:1148-55. 2011..Societal guidelines suggest linezolid may be the preferred treatment of MRSA nosocomial pneumonia. We investigated the efficacy of linezolid compared with glycopeptide antibiotics (vancomycin or teicoplanin) for nosocomial pneumonia...
- Utilization patterns and patient outcomes associated with use of rescue therapies in acute lung injuryAllan J Walkey
Boston University School of Medicine, The Pulmonary Center, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 39:1322-8. 2011..To investigate the practice patterns and clinical outcomes associated with use of rescue therapies in patients with acute lung injury...
- Population-based estimates of transbronchial lung biopsy utilization and complicationsMelissa H Tukey
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 E Concord Street, R 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Respir Med 106:1559-65. 2012..Little is known about trends in the utilization or complication rates of transbronchial lung biopsy, particularly in community hospitals...