Renda Soylemez Wiener
Affiliation: Boston University
- What do you mean, a spot?: A qualitative analysis of patients' reactions to discussions with their physicians about pulmonary nodulesRenda Soylemez Wiener
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Chest 143:672-7. 2013..Although most nodules are benign, it may take 2 to 3 years to rule out cancer. We sought to characterize patients’ perceptions of communication with their providers about pulmonary nodules...
- Time trends in pulmonary embolism in the United States: evidence of overdiagnosisRenda Soylemez Wiener
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:831-7. 2011....
- Population-based risk for complications after transthoracic needle lung biopsy of a pulmonary nodule: an analysis of discharge recordsRenda Soylemez Wiener
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:137-44. 2011..Data on complications after transthoracic needle lung biopsy are limited to case series from selected institutions...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 is primarily epithelial and is developmentally regulated in the mouse lungRenda Soylemez Wiener
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 101:1278-91. 2007..In summary, murine pulmonary ACE2 appears to be primarily epithelial, is developmentally regulated, and has two transcripts that include a previously undescribed exon...
- Linezolid vs glycopeptide antibiotics for the treatment of suspected methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nosocomial pneumonia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsAllan J Walkey
Boston University School of Medicine, The Pulmonary Center, 715 Albany St, R 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Chest 139:1148-55. 2011..Societal guidelines suggest linezolid may be the preferred treatment of MRSA nosocomial pneumonia. We investigated the efficacy of linezolid compared with glycopeptide antibiotics (vancomycin or teicoplanin) for nosocomial pneumonia...
- Utilization patterns and patient outcomes associated with use of rescue therapies in acute lung injuryAllan J Walkey
Boston University School of Medicine, The Pulmonary Center, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 39:1322-8. 2011..To investigate the practice patterns and clinical outcomes associated with use of rescue therapies in patients with acute lung injury...
- The current state of fellowship training in pulmonary artery catheter placement and data interpretation: A national survey of pulmonary and critical care fellowship program directorsMelissa H Tukey
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 E Concord Street, R 304, Boston, MA 02118 Electronic address
J Crit Care 28:857-61. 2013..Given decreasing use of pulmonary artery (PA) catheterization, we sought to evaluate whether current pulmonary and critical care fellows have adequate opportunity to obtain proficiency in PA catheter placement and data interpretation...
- Population-based estimates of transbronchial lung biopsy utilization and complicationsMelissa H Tukey
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 E Concord Street, R 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Respir Med 106:1559-65. 2012..Little is known about trends in the utilization or complication rates of transbronchial lung biopsy, particularly in community hospitals...