Affiliation: Boston University
- Time trends for HIV-1 antiretroviral resistance among antiretroviral-experienced and naive pregnant women in New York City during 1991 to early 2001Seth L Welles
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:329-35. 2007..1%; P = 0.0008). The increasing prevalence of drug resistance in pregnant women, including those who are drug-naive, underscores the necessity for resistance testing to guide treatment to achieve suppression of the mother's virus...
- Intimate partner violence perpetration, risky sexual behavior, and STI/HIV diagnosis among heterosexual African American menAnita Raj
Social Behavioral Sciences Department, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Mens Health 2:291-5. 2008..IPV perpetration is pervasive among heterosexually at-risk African American men presenting for clinical care, and those perpetrating IPV are at heightened risk for STI/HIV...
- The associations of binge alcohol use with HIV/STI risk and diagnosis among heterosexual African American menAnita Raj
Social Behavioral Sciences Department, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 101:101-6. 2009....
- Depressive symptoms, utilization of mental health care, substance use and sexual risk among young men who have sex with men in EXPLORE: implications for age-specific interventionsElizabeth A Salomon
The Fenway Institute, Fenway Community Health, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Behav 13:811-21. 2009..Additionally, HIV prevention work with this population should provide comprehensive education about HIV testing and risk reduction counseling that focuses on communication about serostatus and safety in sexual situations...
- Health literacy of HIV-positive individuals enrolled in an outreach intervention: results of a cross-site analysisMari Lynn Drainoni
Department of Health Policy and Management, Boston University School of Public Health, Bedford, MA 07730, USA
J Health Commun 13:287-302. 2008..Health care and support service providers also must become aware of the importance of health literacy when caring for all patients with HIV, particularly those most likely to have low health literacy...
- Body image, body satisfaction, and unsafe anal intercourse among men who have sex with menDonald Allensworth-Davies
Data Coordinating Center, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Sex Res 45:49-56. 2008....
- Prayer for health and primary care: results from the 2002 National Health Interview SurveyJoanne E Wilkinson
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University, 840 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Fam Med 40:638-44. 2008..We examined the relationship of PFH and primary care visits, with a special focus on African American women, using data from the 2002 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)...
- Gag-p6 Tsg101 binding site duplications in maternal-infant HIV infectionRobert C Colgrove
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 21:191-9. 2005..The duplication is efficiently transmitted from mother to infant, is present at variable prevalence at different geographic sites, and shows no clear association with vertical transmission risks...
- Zidovudine resistance phenotype and risk of perinatal HIV-1 transmission in zidovudine monotherapy-treated mothers with moderately advanced diseaseGreta R Bauer
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:312-9. 2003....
- History of childhood sexual abuse and HIV risk behaviors in homosexual and bisexual menDavid J Brennan
School of Social Work, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Mass, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1107-12. 2007....
- Antiretroviral resistance in viral isolates from HIV-1-transmitting mothers and their infantsGreta R Bauer
University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire, USA
AIDS 20:1707-12. 2006..To characterize concordance of resistance mutations to antiretroviral drugs (ART) in mother-infant pairs...
- Immunological rebound after initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapy in treatment-naive patientsJason T Blackard
Division of Digestive Diseases, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:499-504. 2008..Future studies of immunological rebound are warranted to further define and characterize immune responses to HAART in diverse populations in order to optimize guidelines for initiation of treatment and assessment of successful responses...
- Why LGBT health research, why nowSeth L Welles
J LGBT Health Res 3:1-5. 2007
- Hepatitis C virus protease gene diversity in patients coinfected with human immunodeficiency virusMark A Winters
Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, Stanford University, California, USA
J Virol 80:4196-9. 2006..01). Significant variability exists within HCV protease gene variants at the patient level and could affect the effectiveness of HCV protease inhibitors...
- History of incarceration and gang involvement are associated with recent sexually transmitted disease/HIV diagnosis in African American menAnita Raj
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:131-4. 2008