Sharmeel K Wasan
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- A practical guide to vaccinating the inflammatory bowel disease patientSharmeel K Wasan
Boston Medical Center, Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1231-8. 2010..This article provides a review of the issues surrounding immunizations in the IBD patient and a practical guide for clinicians regarding the appropriate vaccinations to administer both before and during immunosuppressive therapy...
- Vaccinating the inflammatory bowel disease patient: deficiencies in gastroenterologists knowledgeSharmeel K Wasan
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:2536-40. 2011..The aims of this study were to assess gastroenterologist's knowledge regarding vaccinating the IBD patient, eliciting the barriers that prevent vaccinations, and defining the gastroenterologist's role in vaccinations...
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a survey of prophylaxis patterns among gastroenterology providersPhilip N Okafor
Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:812-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to determine practice patterns among gastroenterology providers for PJP prophylaxis in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) on immunosuppressive therapy...
- Cost-effectiveness of nonmelanoma skin cancer screening in Crohn's disease patientsPhilip N Okafor
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Dermatology, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts and Center for Health Decision Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:2787-95. 2013..We investigated the cost-effectiveness of NMSC screening in patients with CD...
- Efficacy and safety of natalizumab in Crohn's disease patients treated at 6 Boston academic hospitalsPascal Juillerat
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, MGH Crohn s and Colitis Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Division of Gastroenterology, Clinic of Visceral Surgery and Medicine, Bern University Hospital Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts Division of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Gastroenterology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts Gastroenterology, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, Massachusetts and Division of Gastroenterology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:2457-63. 2013..The purpose of this study was to perform a descriptive analysis of a series of CD patients not currently enrolled in a clinical trial...
- Immunization rates and vaccine beliefs among patients with inflammatory bowel disease: an opportunity for improvementSharmeel K Wasan
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA and Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Inflamm Bowel Dis 20:246-50. 2014..Our study aimed to describe vaccine utilization by immunosuppression status, examine reasons for vaccine refusal, and identify characteristics associated with lack of influenza vaccination in patients with IBD...
- Health maintenance in the inflammatory bowel disease patientJennifer A Sinclair
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center, 85 East Concord Street, 7th Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 41:325-37. 2012....