Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Metformin and sulfonylureas in relation to cancer risk in type II diabetes patients: a meta-analysis using primary data of published studiesBindiya Thakkar
Section of Endocrinology, Boston VA Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Metabolism 62:922-34. 2013..It remains to be fully elucidated whether use of metformin, an insulin sensitizer, and/or sulfonylureas, insulin secretagogues, affect cancer incidence in subjects with T2DM...
- Early life adversity is associated with elevated levels of circulating leptin, irisin, and decreased levels of adiponectin in midlife adultsKyoung Eun Joung
Division of Newborn Medicine K E J, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism K E J, K H P, L Z, A S E, B T, M B, C S M, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School K E J, C S M, Boston, Massachusetts 02215 Department of Family Medicine K H P, Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University, Gyeonggi do 431 070, Korea Section of Endocrinology L Z, A S E, B T, M B, C S M, Division of Endocrinology, Boston Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts 02130 Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition A S E, B T, C S M, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 Judge Baker Children s Center N U, D W, University of Oslo
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E1055-60. 2014..However, the underlying mechanism is not fully understood, and whether adipomyokines are associated with early-life adversity independent of other factors such as body mass index, psychosocial risks, and health behaviors is not known...
- Circulating fetuin-A levels are not affected by short and long-term energy deprivation and/or by leptin administrationJanice J Hwang
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel, Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Metabolism 63:754-9. 2014..Fetuin-A may mediate cross-talk between the liver and adipose tissue. We studied the physiologic regulation of fetuin-A and explored its potential regulation by leptin...
- Circulating irisin in relation to insulin resistance and the metabolic syndromeKyung Hee Park
Harvard Medical School, JP9B52A, Boston, MA 02130
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:4899-907. 2013..Whether irisin levels are associated with risk of the metabolic syndrome (MetS), cardiometabolic variables, and cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk in humans remains unknown...
- Gender dimorphism and lack of day/night variation or effects of energy deprivation on undercarboxylated osteocalcin levels in humansJoo Pin Foo
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:E527-32. 2013..We aim to elucidate day/night patterns of ucOC levels, whether short-term and/or chronic energy deprivation alters ucOC levels, and whether leptin may mediate these changes in humans...