Shannon Wiltsey Stirman
Affiliation: Boston University
- System-Level Influences on the Sustainability of a Cognitive Therapy Program in a Community Behavioral Health NetworkShannon Wiltsey Stirman
Dr Stirman and Ms Gamarra are with the Women s Health Sciences Division, U S Department of Veterans Affairs VA National Center for PTSD, Boston e mail Dr Stirman is also with the Department of Psychiatry, Boston University Dr Matza is with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Program, Office of Patient Care Services, U S Department of Veterans Affairs Central Office, Washington, D C Ms Toder, Dr Beck, Dr Crits Christoph, and Dr Creed are with the Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Ms Xhezo, Dr Evans, and Dr Hurford are with the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services, Philadelphia
Psychiatr Serv 66:734-42. 2015..The purpose of this study was to examine influences on the sustainability of a program to implement an evidence-based psychotherapy in a mental health system...
- Perspectives on Cognitive Therapy Training within Community Mental Health Settings: Implications for Clinician Satisfaction and Skill DevelopmentShannon Wiltsey Stirman
VA National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston University, Washington, DC 20420, USA
Depress Res Treat 2012:391084. 2012..The findings highlight experiences and stakeholder perspectives that may contribute to more or less successful training outcomes...
- A randomized controlled dismantling trial of post-workshop consultation strategies to increase effectiveness and fidelity to an evidence-based psychotherapy for Posttraumatic Stress DisorderShannon Wiltsey Stirman
Women s Health Sciences Division, National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston University, 150 South Huntington Ave 116B3, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Implement Sci 8:82. 2013..Attending a workshop alone is insufficient to promote adequate knowledge transfer and sustained skill; however, relatively little research has been conducted to identify effective post-training support strategies...
- Developing the next generation of dissemination and implementation researchers: insights from initial traineesKatherine A Stamatakis
Division of Public Health Sciences and Alvin J, Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, Washington University in St, Louis, St, Louis, MO, USA
Implement Sci 8:29. 2013..A cohort of early-stage investigators (ESI) recently involved in an implementation research training program provided a resource for formative data in identifying needs and solutions around career development...
- Development of a framework and coding system for modifications and adaptations of evidence-based interventionsShannon Wiltsey Stirman
Women s Health Sciences Division, National Center for PTSD, Boston, MA, USA
Implement Sci 8:65. 2013....
- Clinicians' perspectives on cognitive therapy in community mental health settings: implications for training and implementationShannon Wiltsey Stirman
Women s Health Sciences Division, National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 S Huntington Ave 116B3, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 40:274-85. 2013..These findings provide information that can be used to develop strategies to facilitate the implementation of CT interventions for clients being treated in public-sector settings...
- Can the randomized controlled trial literature generalize to nonrandomized patients?Shannon Wiltsey Stirman
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6196, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 73:127-35. 2005..The implications of these findings for future research and clinical practice are discussed...
- Public-academic partnerships: the Beck Initiative: a partnership to implement cognitive therapy in a community behavioral health systemShannon Wiltsey Stirman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1302-4. 2009....
- Participation bias among suicidal adults in a randomized controlled trialShannon Wiltsey Stirman
Women s Health Sciences Division, National Center for PTSD, Boston University, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 41:203-9. 2011..The implications of these findings for suicide intervention research are discussed...
- Developing research and recruitment while fostering stakeholder engagement in a National Institutes of Mental Health-funded Interventions and Practice Research Infrastructure Programs grant for depressionShannon Wiltsey Stirman
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Women s Health Schiences Division and VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 4:299-303. 2010....
- Suicide risk factors and mediators between childhood sexual abuse and suicide ideation among male and female suicide attemptersMegan Spokas
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:467-70. 2009..In contrast, there were fewer group differences as a function of CSA history among the female suicide attempters. Hopelessness was a significant mediator between CSA history and suicide ideation in both men and women...
- Are samples in randomized controlled trials of psychotherapy representative of community outpatients? A new methodology and initial findingsShannon Wiltsey Stirman
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6193, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:963-72. 2003..The most common reasons that patients in their sample did not match with published RCTs for psychotherapy are listed, and the implications of these findings for research and practice are discussed...