Affiliation: Boston University
- Smoking-induced gene expression changes in the bronchial airway are reflected in nasal and buccal epitheliumSriram Sridhar
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Albany Street, Boston Massachusetts, USA
BMC Genomics 9:259. 2008..In this study, we explored relationships in whole-genome gene expression between extrathorcic (buccal and nasal) and intrathoracic (bronchial) epithelium in healthy current and never smokers...
- MicroRNAs as modulators of smoking-induced gene expression changes in human airway epitheliumFrank Schembri
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2319-24. 2009..These data indicate that mir-218 levels modulate the airway epithelial gene expression response to cigarette smoke and support a role for miRNAs in regulating host response to environmental toxins...
- SIEGE: Smoking Induced Epithelial Gene Expression DatabaseVishal Shah
Bioinformatics Program, College of Engineering, Boston University, 44 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:D573-9. 2005..Query results are embedded with graphical capabilities as well as with links to other databases containing valuable gene resources, including Entrez Gene, GO, Biocarta, GeneCards, dbSNP and the NCBI Map Viewer...
- Airway epithelial gene expression in the diagnostic evaluation of smokers with suspect lung cancerAvrum Spira
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University Medical Center, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Nat Med 13:361-6. 2007..These findings indicate that gene expression in cytologically normal large-airway epithelial cells can serve as a lung cancer biomarker, potentially owing to a cancer-specific airway-wide response to cigarette smoke...
- Comparison of proteomic and transcriptomic profiles in the bronchial airway epithelium of current and never smokersKatrina Steiling
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5043. 2009....