Affiliation: Boston University
- Pay for performance in emergency medicineRishi Sikka
Department of Emergency Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 49:756-61. 2007..I also provide a strategy to guide constructive engagement by emergency physicians in the pay-for-performance movement...
- Analysis of occupational exposures associated with emergency department thoracotomyRishi Sikka
Department of Emergency Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Trauma 56:867-72. 2004..This study examined the costs associated with provider exposure to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis from percutaneous injury during EDT...
- Unsuspected internal organ traumatic injuriesRishi Sikka
Department of Emergency Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Dowling 1 South, 818 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 22:1067-80. 2004..Ultimately, decreasing the incidence of missed traumatic injury is an opportunity for quality improvement for all practitioners involved in the care of patients with trauma...
- ED overcrowding is associated with an increased frequency of medication errorsErik B Kulstad
Advocate Christ Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, Oak Lawn, IL 60453, USA
Am J Emerg Med 28:304-9. 2010....
- ED crowding is associated with an increased time to pneumonia treatmentRishi Sikka
Department of Emergency Medicine, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, IL 60453, USA
Am J Emerg Med 28:809-12. 2010..We measured the correlation between emergency department (ED) occupancy rate and time to antibiotic administration for patients with pneumonia treated in a community hospital setting...
- Cross-cultural competency in emergency medicineRishi Sikka
Ann Emerg Med 41:885-6; author reply 886. 2003