Christopher W Shanahan
Affiliation: Boston University
- Relationship of depressive symptoms and mental health functioning to repeat detoxificationChristopher W Shanahan
Clinical Addiction Research and Education CARE Unit, Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 29:117-23. 2005..These data suggest that identifying individuals with DS or worse MHF after detoxification may provide opportunities for clinical intervention to reduce recurrent residential detoxification...
- A transitional opioid program to engage hospitalized drug usersChristopher W Shanahan
Clinical Addiction Research and Education CARE Unit, Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:803-8. 2010..Based on 3 years of clinical practice, we report the Transitional Opioid Program (TOP) experience using hospitalization as a "reachable moment" to identify and link opioid-dependent persons to addiction treatment from medical care...
- Public health, medicine, and dentistry as partners in community health: a pioneering initiative in interprofessional, practice-based educationLois McCloskey
Department of Community Health Sciences, Boston University Schoolof Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 17:298-307. 2011..As public health challenges grow more complex, the call for professional education to be interprofessional, collaborative, and grounded in real world practice has intensified...
- Applying trigger tools to detect adverse events associated with outpatient surgeryAmy K Rosen
Center for Organization, Leadership, Management Research, A VA Center of Excellence, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Patient Saf 7:45-59. 2011..Current efforts to detect AEs have focused primarily on the inpatient setting, despite the increase in outpatient surgery in all health care settings...
- Screening for unhealthy alcohol and other drug use by health educators: do primary care clinicians document screening results?Theresa W Kim
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Addict Med 7:204-9. 2013..Among patients identified with unhealthy SU and counseled by health educators, the objective of this study was to examine (1) the proportion of PCC notes with documentation of SBI and (2) the spectrum of SU not documented by PCCs...
- Characteristics of male veterans with psychogenic nonepileptic seizuresBarbara A Dworetzky
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Epilepsia 46:1418-22. 2005....