Affiliation: Boston University
- Sahin Toth M. Human mesotrypsin defies natural trypsin inhibitors: from passive resistance to active destruction. Protein Pept Lett. 2005;12:457-64 pubmed..Here we review the history and properties of human mesotrypsin, and discuss its function in the digestive degradation of dietary trypsin inhibitors and possible pathophysiological role in pancreatitis. ..
- Sahin Toth M, Kukor Z, Nemoda Z. Human cationic trypsinogen is sulfated on Tyr154. FEBS J. 2006;273:5044-50 pubmed..Finally, sequence alignment revealed that the sulfation motif is only conserved in primate trypsinogens, suggesting that typsinogen sulfation is absent in other vertebrates. ..
- Jancsó Z, Sahin Toth M. Tighter Control by Chymotrypsin C (CTRC) Explains Lack of Association between Human Anionic Trypsinogen and Hereditary Pancreatitis. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12897-905 pubmed publisher..This unique biochemical property of anionic trypsinogen explains the lack of association of PRSS2 mutations with hereditary pancreatitis. ..
- Szabo A, Pilsak C, Bence M, Witt H, Sahin Toth M. Complex Formation of Human Proelastases with Procarboxypeptidases A1 and A2. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17706-16 pubmed publisher..Complex formation stabilizes the inhibitory activation peptide of procarboxypeptidases and thereby increases zymogen stability and controls activation. ..
- Hegyi E, Sahin TÃ³th M. Genetic Risk in Chronic Pancreatitis: The Trypsin-Dependent Pathway. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1692-1701 pubmed publisher..Here we review key genetic and biochemical features of the trypsin-dependent pathological pathway in chronic pancreatitis. ..