Affiliation: Boston University
- Identification of IGPR-1 as a novel adhesion molecule involved in angiogenesisNader Rahimi
Departments of Pathology and Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:1646-56. 2012..These features of IGPR-1 suggest that IGPR-1 is a novel receptor that plays an important role in cell-cell interaction, cell migration, and angiogenesis...
- The ubiquitin-proteasome system meets angiogenesisNader Rahimi
Department of Pathology, Boston University Medical Campus, 670 Albany St, Room 510, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:538-48. 2012..Here, I review recent advances that link the UPS to regulation of angiogenesis and highlight the potential therapeutic value of the UPS in angiogenesis-associated diseases...
- A role for protein ubiquitination in VEGFR-2 signalling and angiogenesisNader Rahimi
Department of Pathology, Boston University School of Medicine, 670 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1189-92. 2009..The present article highlights the recent findings demonstrating a novel role for protein ubiquitination in angiogenesis and its potential in angiogenesis-based therapy...
- Identification of ligand-induced proteolytic cleavage and ectodomain shedding of VEGFR-1/FLT1 in leukemic cancer cellsNader Rahimi
Department of Pathology and Ophthalmology, Boston University Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 69:2607-14. 2009....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptors: molecular mechanisms of activation and therapeutic potentialsNader Rahimi
Departments of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Exp Eye Res 83:1005-16. 2006....
- VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2: two non-identical twins with a unique physiognomyNader Rahimi
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Front Biosci 11:818-29. 2006..This review highlights recent insights into the mechanism of activation of VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2, and focuses on the signaling pathways employed by VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 that regulate angiogenesis...
- Receptor chimeras indicate that the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (VEGFR-1) modulates mitogenic activity of VEGFR-2 in endothelial cellsN Rahimi
Boston University, School of Medicine, Departments of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 275:16986-92. 2000..In contrast, activation of VEGFR-1 plays a stationary role in angiogenesis by antagonizing VEGFR-2 responses...
- c-Cbl inhibits angiogenesis and tumor growth by suppressing activation of PLCγ1R D Meyer
Department of Pathology, Boston University Medical Campus, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Oncogene 30:2198-206. 2011..Hence, we propose c-Cbl as an angiogenic suppressor protein where upon activation it uniquely modulates PLCγ1 activation by ubiquitination and subsequently inhibits VEGF-driven angiogenesis...
- Identification of tyrosine residues in vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2/FLK-1 involved in activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and cell proliferationV Dayanir
Department of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 276:17686-92. 2001..Altogether, these results demonstrate that activation of VEGFR-2 results in activation of PI3K and that activation of PI3K/S6kinase pathway, but not Ras/MAPK, is responsible for VEGFR-2-mediated cell growth...
- A single amino acid substitution in the activation loop defines the decoy characteristic of VEGFR-1/FLT-1Rosana D Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Boston University, MA 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 281:867-75. 2006....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor levels are differentially elevated in patients with advanced retinopathy of prematurityK Lashkari
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Pathol 156:1337-44. 2000..These findings together suggest that VEGF and HGF play important roles in the pathogenesis of ROP...
- Substitution of C-terminus of VEGFR-2 with VEGFR-1 promotes VEGFR-1 activation and endothelial cell proliferationRosana D Meyer
Departments of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Boston University, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Oncogene 23:5523-31. 2004..Thus, the carboxyl tail of VEGFR-1 restrains the ligand-dependent kinase activation and downregulation of VEGFR-1 and its ability to convey the angiogenic responses in endothelial cells...
- The carboxyl terminus of VEGFR-2 is required for PKC-mediated down-regulationAmrik J Singh
Department of Ophthalmology, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:2106-18. 2005..Altogether the results show that the regulatory mechanisms involved in the attenuation of VEGFR-2 activation is mediated by nonclassical PKCs and the presence of serine sites in the carboxyl terminal of VEGFR-2...
- A critical role for the E3-ligase activity of c-Cbl in VEGFR-2-mediated PLCgamma1 activation and angiogenesisAmrik J Singh
Department of Periodontology, Boston University Medical School, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5413-8. 2007..Our data demonstrate that corecruitment of c-Cbl and PLCgamma1 to VEGFR-2 serves as a mechanism to fine-tune the angiogenic signal relay of VEGFR-2...
- The presence of a single tyrosine residue at the carboxyl domain of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2/FLK-1 regulates its autophosphorylation and activation of signaling moleculesRosana D Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Boston University, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 277:27081-7. 2002..Collectively, these results suggest that phosphorylation of tyrosine 1212 of VEGFR-2 plays a crucial role in the activation of VEGFR-2 and subsequently VEGFR-2-mediated angiogenesis...
- IQGAP1-dependent signaling pathway regulates endothelial cell proliferation and angiogenesisRosana D Meyer
Department of Pathology and Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3848. 2008....
- Comparative structure-function analysis of VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2: What have we learned from chimeric systems?Rosana D Meyer
Departments of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, Boston University, School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 995:200-7. 2003..Second, activation of VEGFR-2 is associated with many endothelial cell functions, including cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation. Third, activation of PI3 kinase by VEGFR-2 regulates endothelial cell proliferation...
- Recruitment and activation of phospholipase Cgamma1 by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 are required for tubulogenesis and differentiation of endothelial cellsRosana D Meyer
Departments of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16347-55. 2003..More importantly, VEGFR-2-mediated endothelial cell proliferation is inversely correlated with the ability of VEGFR-2 to associate with and activate PLCgamma1...
- Leucine motif-dependent tyrosine autophosphorylation of type III receptor tyrosine kinasesRosana D Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 281:8620-7. 2006..This mechanism is likely to be shared with other kinases and might provide a basis for the design of a novel class of tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- The carboxyl terminus controls ligand-dependent activation of VEGFR-2 and its signalingRosana D Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 279:735-42. 2004..Thus, we propose that the carboxyl terminus is required for activation of VEGFR-2, and absence of the carboxyl terminus renders VEGFR-2 inactive...
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans function as receptors for fibroblast growth factor-2 activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2Ceres C Chua
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02118, USA
Circ Res 94:316-23. 2004..Activation of ERK1/2 via cell-surface proteoglycans could have significant biological consequences, potentially directing cell response toward growth, migration, or differentiation...
- PEST motif serine and tyrosine phosphorylation controls vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 stability and downregulationRosana D Meyer
Department of Pathology, Boston University Medical Campus, 670 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:2010-25. 2011..The PEST domain acts as a dual modulator of VEGFR-2; the phosphorylation of S1188/S1191 controls ubiquitination and degradation via β-Trcp1, where the phosphorylation of Y1173 through PKA/p38 MAPK controls the stability of VEGFR-2...
- The adaptor protein shb binds to tyrosine 1175 in vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor-2 and regulates VEGF-dependent cellular migrationKristina Holmqvist
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Uppsala 75123, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:22267-75. 2004..This is achieved by Shb binding to tyrosine 1175 in the VEGFR-2, which regulates VEGF-induced formation of focal adhesions and cell migration, of which the latter occurs in a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent manner...
- Anti-angiogenic signaling molecules in retinal cellsNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2004..our long-term goal is to begin to apply the information obtained from this project to the design of strategies to regulate angiogenesis in clinical settings. ..
- VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in angiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once we determine the mechanism by which VEGF receptors are engaged it will be possible to attenuate the angiogenic signal transduction relay by developing targeted therapeutic interventions aimed at angiogenesis suppression ..
- Role of Protein Ubiquitination in AngiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of molecules that inhibit the angiogenic signaling of VEGFR-2 will provide new avenues for development of better and more effective agents to combat angiogenesis-associated diseases. ..