G I Orsmond
Affiliation: Boston University
- Sensory clusters of toddlers with autism spectrum disorders: differences in affective symptomsA Ben-Sasson
Department of Occupational Therapy, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:817-25. 2008..In this study we identified clusters of toddlers with ASDs who shared sensory profiles and examined differences in affective symptoms across these clusters...
- Behavior problems in adults with mental retardation and maternal well-being: examination of the direction of effectsGael I Orsmond
Boston University, Boston, MA 02215l, USA
Am J Ment Retard 108:257-71. 2003..Initial levels and changes over time in behavior problems predicted changes in maternal well-being, and initial levels and changes over time in maternal well-being predicted changes in behavior problems in the son or daughter...
- Adolescent siblings of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder: testing a diathesis-stress model of sibling well-beingGael I Orsmond
Department of Occupational Therapy, Boston University, 635 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:1053-65. 2009....
- Siblings of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder: sibling relationships and wellbeing in adolescence and adulthoodGael I Orsmond
Department of Occupational Therapy, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Autism 13:59-80. 2009..For adults, more shared activities were observed when the sibling with ASD was younger in age and had fewer behavior problems; greater positive affect in sibling relationships was predicted by greater parental support...
- Siblings of individuals with autism spectrum disorders across the life courseGael I Orsmond
Department of Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation Counseling, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 13:313-20. 2007..Finally, we note the variability in sibling outcomes, and suggest further examination of potential moderating and mediating factors, including genetic predispositions...
- Siblings of individuals with autism or Down syndrome: effects on adult livesG I Orsmond
Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, MA 01867, USA
J Intellect Disabil Res 51:682-96. 2007..with a disability? (2) Are there gender effects on the sibling relationship and sibling experience in these two groups? (3) Which factors are predictive of variation in the sibling relationship for siblings of adults with ASD or DS?..
- Mothers of adolescents and adults with autism: parenting multiple children with disabilitiesGael I Orsmond
Department of Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation Counseling, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, MA 02215, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 45:257-70. 2007..Findings are discussed with respect to understanding the needs of such families, including service provision...
- Mother-child relationship quality among adolescents and adults with autismGael I Orsmond
Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, MA 02215, USA
Am J Ment Retard 111:121-37. 2006....
- The daily lives of adolescents with an autism spectrum disorder: discretionary time use and activity partnersGael I Orsmond
Boston University, Massachusetts, USA
Autism 15:579-99. 2011..The way that adolescents with an ASD spend their free time may have implications for their development and the course of their autism symptoms...
- Extreme sensory modulation behaviors in toddlers with autism spectrum disordersAyelet Ben-Sasson
Psychology Department, University of Massachusetts, USA
Am J Occup Ther 61:584-92. 2007..Findings point to the early onset of an extreme sensory profile in ASD. Occupational therapists need to assess multiple domains of sensory behaviors to accurately identify the needs of toddlers with ASD...
- Understanding and negotiating friendships: perspectives from an adolescent with Asperger syndromeBrooke Howard
Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Autism 10:619-27. 2006..He described negotiating his own and his friend's focused interests. Family members played important roles in the establishment and maintenance of the adolescent's friendships...
- Peer relationships and social and recreational activities among adolescents and adults with autismGael I Orsmond
Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 34:245-56. 2004....
- Change in autism symptoms and maladaptive behaviors in adolescents and adults with an autism spectrum disorderPaul T Shattuck
University of Wisconsin, 533 Waisman Ctr, 1500 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:1735-47. 2007..Compared to adolescents, older sample members (31 and older) had fewer maladaptive behaviors and experienced more improvement in these behaviors over time...
- Bidirectional effects of expressed emotion and behavior problems and symptoms in adolescents and adults with autismJan S Greenberg
Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI 53705, USA
Am J Ment Retard 111:229-49. 2006..Although autism is a complex genetic disorder, the effect of the family environment in shaping the behavioral phenotype should not be underestimated...
- Life course studies of siblings of individuals with developmental disabilitiesMarsha Mailick Seltzer
Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin, 1500 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Ment Retard 43:354-9. 2005
- Adolescent Siblings of Brothers or Sisters with AutismGael Orsmond; Fiscal Year: 2004..An overall goal of the study in this proposal is to establish a sample of siblings who, with additional funding in the future, could be followed longitudinally as they transition to adulthood. ..