J Pieter Noordzij
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Preparation techniques for the injection of human autologous cartilage: an ex vivo feasibility studyJ Pieter Noordzij
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, 88 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Laryngoscope 118:185-8. 2008..To determine the optimum donor site and preparation technique for injecting human autologous cartilage as a potentially permanent implant material for vocal fold medialization...
- Early prediction of hypocalcemia after thyroidectomy using parathyroid hormone: an analysis of pooled individual patient data from nine observational studiesJ Pieter Noordzij
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 205:748-54. 2007..Monitoring for hypocalcemia after thyroidectomy, using only symptoms and serum calcium levels, can delay the discharge of patients who will remain normocalcemic and can delay the treatment of hypocalcemic patients...
- Prediction of hypocalcemia after using 1- to 6-hour postoperative parathyroid hormone and calcium levels: an analysis of pooled individual patient data from 3 observational studiesJeffrey Saad Jumaily
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Head Neck 32:427-34. 2010..In this study, we investigate the usefulness of combining calcium and PTH to increase the predictive power...
- Incidence of chronic laryngitisDaniel J Stein
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 122:771-4. 2013..We describe the incidence of chronic laryngitis (CL) and identify the most common presenting symptoms and initial treatments used...
- Comparison of efficacy, safety, and cost-effectiveness of in-office cup forcep biopsies versus operating room biopsies for laryngopharyngeal tumorsHarini Naidu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Voice 26:604-6. 2012..To compare the diagnostic yield, safety, and cost of biopsies of laryngopharyngeal tumor performed in an office setting with those performed in the operating room (OR) under general anesthesia...
- Amitriptyline for symptomatic treatment of idiopathic chronic laryngeal irritabilityDaniel J Stein
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 122:20-4. 2013..We evaluated the safety and efficacy of amitriptyline hydrochloride in treating idiopathic chronic laryngeal irritability...
- Laryngeal injury from prolonged intubation: a prospective analysis of contributing factorsJoyce Colton House
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachuetts, USA
Laryngoscope 121:596-600. 2011..This study sought to determine if duration of intubation, size of endotracheal tube, and/or type of endotracheal tube impact the degree of vocal fold immobility and other laryngeal injury upon extubation...
- The use of rapid parathyroid hormone assay in predicting postoperative hypocalcemia after total or completion thyroidectomyIan K McLeod
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Thyroid 16:259-65. 2006..To evaluate the rapid parathyroid hormone assay (rPTH) as a perioperative tool in predicting postoperative symptomatic hypocalcemia following thyroidectomy...
- Anatomy and physiology of the larynxJ Pieter Noordzij
Vanderbilt Voice Center, Department of Otolaryngology, 7302 Medical Center East, South Tower 1215, 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 8783, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 39:1-10. 2006