Suzanne E Mitchell
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- The comparative experiences of women in control: diabetes self-management education in a virtual worldSuzanne E Mitchell
Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 8:1185-92. 2014..Furthermore, learning DSM skills in a VW offers unique advantages in supporting personal agency for health behavior change. Further research is warranted. ..
- Gender as risk factor for 30 days post-discharge hospital utilisation: a secondary data analysisShaula Woz
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
BMJ Open 2:e000428. 2012..In the 30 days after hospital discharge, hospital utilisation is common and costly. This study evaluated the association between gender and hospital utilisation within 30 days of discharge...
- Patient activation and 30-day post-discharge hospital utilizationSuzanne E Mitchell
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:349-55. 2014..Patient activation is linked to better health outcomes and lower rates of health service utilization. The role of patient activation in the rate of hospital readmission within 30 days of hospital discharge has not been examined...
- Health literacy and 30-day postdischarge hospital utilizationSuzanne E Mitchell
Department of Family Medicine, Dowling 5, Boston Medical Center, 1 BMC Place, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Health Commun 17:325-38. 2012..Interventions designed to reduce early, unplanned, hospital utilization after discharge should include activities to mitigate the effect of patients' low health literacy...
- Post-discharge hospital utilization among adult medical inpatients with depressive symptomsSuzanne E Mitchell
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Hosp Med 5:378-84. 2010..Little evidence exists to determine whether depression predicts hospital utilization following discharge among adult inpatients on a general medical service...
- A pilot study of motivational interviewing training in a virtual worldSuzanne Mitchell
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Med Internet Res 13:e77. 2011..Despite SL's potential for medical education applications, little work is published studying its use for this purpose and still less is known of educational outcomes for physician training in MI using a virtual-world platform...
- Dose-response relationship between depressive symptoms and hospital readmissionRamon S Cancino
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
J Hosp Med 9:358-64. 2014..Evidence suggests depression increases hospital readmission risk...