Katherine R Mickley
Affiliation: Boston College
- The effect of valence on young and older adults' attention in a rapid serial visual presentation taskKatherine R Mickley Steinmetz
Department of Psychology, Boston College, McGuinn Hall, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Psychol Aging 25:239-45. 2010..Despite evidence that older adults can sometimes show a "positivity effect" in memory, we found no evidence of increased attention toward positive words for older adults...
- Emotional valence influences the neural correlates associated with remembering and knowingKatherine R Mickley
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 8:143-52. 2008....
- Phenomenological characteristics of emotional memories in younger and older adultsKatherine R Mickley
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Memory 17:528-43. 2009..These findings suggest that valence most readily affects the qualities of young and older adults' emotional memories when those memories are low in arousal...
- The effects of valence and arousal on the neural activity leading to subsequent memoryKatherine R Mickley Steinmetz
Department of Psychology, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Psychophysiology 46:1190-9. 2009..These results suggest that the types of encoding processes relating to memory (e.g., sensory vs. elaborative processing) can differ based on the affective qualities of emotional information...
- The effect of arousal on the emotional memory network depends on valenceKatherine R Mickley Steinmetz
Department of Psychology, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Neuroimage 53:318-24. 2010..These findings emphasize that the effect of arousal on the connectivity within the emotional memory network depends on item valence...