C R Meier
Affiliation: Boston University
- Postmenopausal estrogen replacement therapy and the risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus or discoid lupusC R Meier
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University Medical Center, Lexington, MA 02173, USA
J Rheumatol 25:1515-9. 1998..We examined the association of postmenopausal estrogen use with the development of SLE and discoid lupus...
- Antibiotics and risk of subsequent first-time acute myocardial infarctionC R Meier
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University Medical Center, Lexington, Mass 02421, USA
JAMA 281:427-31. 1999..If such a causal association exists, subjects who used antibiotics active against the bacteria, regardless of indication, might be at lower risk of developing acute myocardial infarction than nonusers...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, and breast cancerC R Meier
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University School of Medicine, Lexington, Mass, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:349-53. 2000....
- Statin use, hyperlipidaemia, and the risk of breast cancerJ A Kaye
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 86:1436-9. 2002..8; 95% confidence interval 0.9-3.4). We found no evidence for an increasing trend in breast cancer risk with increasing duration of statin use (median duration 1.8 years, maximum 8.6 years)...
- Sequential combination chemotherapy (CABOPP/VIM) for the treatment of high-grade malignant non-Hodgkin lymphomaM R Nowrousian
Department of Internal Medicine (Cancer Research, West German Tumor Centre, University of Essen
Acta Oncol 28:495-500. 1989..The value of this program, however, can only be established comparing it with other newly developed protocols in randomized studies...
- Risk of cataract in patients treated with statinsR G Schlienger
Basel Pharmacoepidemiology Unit, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Basel, Switzerland
Arch Intern Med 161:2021-6. 2001..2-4.1). CONCLUSIONS: Our study provides evidence that long-term use of therapeutic statin doses does not increase the risk of developing cataract. Concomitant use of erythromycin and simvastatin may increase the cataract risk...
- Migraine incidence, comorbidity and health resource utilization in the UKC Becker
Basel Pharmacoepidemiology Unit, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Cephalalgia 28:57-64. 2008..This study shows that migraine is a common diagnosis in general practice and associated with a high prevalence of comorbidity. The increased HRU in triptan users suggests greater migraine severity...
- Association between beta-blockers, other antihypertensive drugs and psoriasis: population-based case-control studyY B Brauchli
Basel Pharmacoepidemiology Unit, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Basel, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Br J Dermatol 158:1299-307. 2008..Several case reports have associated use of beta-blockers with an increased risk of psoriasis or psoriasiform drug eruptions...