Eric J Mahoney
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Evidence-based guidelines are equivalent to a liberal computed tomography scan protocol for initial patient evaluation but are associated with decreased computed tomography scan use, cost, and radiation exposureEric Mahoney
Division of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, Department of Surgery, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts02118, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:573-8; discussion 578-9. 2012....
- Case Report: Successful non-operative management of spontaneous splenic rupture in a patient with babesiosisWilliam D Tobler
Boston University Medical Center 850 Harrison Avenue Dowling 2 South Boston Ma, 02118 USA
World J Emerg Surg 6:4. 2011..abstract:..
- Lessons learned from a nightclub fire: institutional disaster preparednessEric J Mahoney
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Rhode Island Hospital Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Trauma 58:487-91. 2005..In this report, we describe the events, the surgical response at our trauma center, and the lessons learned in institutional disaster preparedness...
- Mass-casualty incidents: how does an ICU prepare?Eric J Mahoney
Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Intensive Care Med 23:219-35. 2008....
- Adult intussusception secondary to colorectal cancer in a young man: a case reportJennifer M Dan
MD PhD Program, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Emerg Med 43:983-6. 2012..The occurrence of adult intussusception from colorectal cancer in a 27-year-old man is quite uncommon...
- Isolated brain injury as a cause of hypotension in the blunt trauma patientEric J Mahoney
Department of Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital Brown Medical School, Providence, 02903, USA
J Trauma 55:1065-9. 2003..Emerging evidence suggests that, contrary to standard teaching, isolated brain injury may be associated with hypotension. This study sought to determine the frequency of isolated brain injury-induced hypotension in blunt trauma victims...
- Modulation of macrophage phenotype by soluble product(s) released from neutrophilsJean M Daley
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Research, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Immunol 174:2265-72. 2005..The present findings confirm a role for neutrophils in the regulation of innate immune responses through modulation of macrophage phenotype...