Jen Wei Lin
Affiliation: Boston University
- Spatial variation in membrane excitability modulated by 4-AP-sensitive K+ channels in the axons of the crayfish neuromuscular junctionJen Wei Lin
Biology Dept, Boston Univ, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Neurophysiol 107:2692-702. 2012..Thus 4-AP-sensitive channels concentrated in distal axon may be essential in preventing unintended firing and modulating AP waveform without interfering with orthodromic AP propagation...
- Modulation of synaptic delay during synaptic plasticityJen Wei Lin
Dept of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Trends Neurosci 25:449-55. 2002..This suggests that the step of transmitter secretion can be modulated directly. Several models for short-term synaptic plasticity are evaluated in the context of the observed changes in synaptic delay...
- Modulation of available vesicles and release kinetics at the inhibitor of the crayfish neuromuscular junctionJ W Lin
Department of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Neuroscience 130:889-95. 2005..In view of the comparable increase in the size of the RRP by the modulators, the differential modulation of release kinetics suggests that these two parameters may be modulated by separate biochemical processes...
- Probing the endogenous Ca2+ buffers at the presynaptic terminals of the crayfish neuromuscular junctionJen Wei Lin
Department of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington St, Boston, Massachuetts 02215, USA
J Neurophysiol 94:377-86. 2005..We conclude that endogenous buffering at the crayfish NMJ includes both fast and slow components, the former being fast enough to compete with fast Ca2+ indicators, and the latter dictating the early decay...
- Electrophysiological events recorded at presynaptic terminals of the crayfish neuromuscular junction with a voltage indicatorJen Wei Lin
Biology Department, Boston University, 5 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Physiol 586:4935-50. 2008..Thus, the entire axonal arborization returned to resting level in a spatially uniform manner during the DAP. The functional significance of DAP is discussed in the light of these observations...
- Relative distribution of Ca2+ channels at the crayfish inhibitory neuromuscular junctionTariq N Allana
Department of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington St, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Neurophysiol 92:1491-500. 2004..We therefore conclude that although non-P-type channels do not directly trigger release under physiological conditions, their distribution partially overlaps with P-type channels...