Affiliation: Boston University
- Identification of positive regulators of the yeast fps1 glycerol channelSara E Beese
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000738. 2009..This stress-induced phosphorylation was partially dependent on the Hog1 MAPK. Hog1 was also required for basal phosphorylation of Rgc2, suggesting a mechanism by which Hog1 may regulate Fps1 indirectly...
- Regulation of cell wall biogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: the cell wall integrity signaling pathwayDavid E Levin
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Genetics 189:1145-75. 2011..The interface of this signaling pathway with other pathways that contribute to the maintenance of cell wall integrity is also discussed...
- RIN1, A NOVEL RAS-INHIBITORY PROTEIN IN YEASTDavid Levin; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will help to test the applicant's model of Rin1 function as an inhibitor of Ras signaling in the ER. ..
- Cell Wall Integrity Signaling in YeastDavid Levin; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have identified two redundant proteins whose loss of function results in cell lysis. We propose a multifaceted approach to establishing their role in the maintenance of cell wall integrity. ..
- Cell Wall Integrity Signaling in YeastDavid Levin; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified two redundant proteins whose loss of function results in cell lysis. We propose a multifaceted approach to establishing their role in the maintenance of cell wall integrity. ..
- PROTEIN KINASE C IN YEAST GROWTH CONTROLDavid Levin; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results implicate Ypk1/2 in the regulation of phosphoinositides at the plasma membrane. The level at which this regulation takes place will be explored. ..
- ROLE OF PROTEIN KINASE C IN YEAST GROWTH CONTROLDavid Levin; Fiscal Year: 1993..Other known cell lysis mutants will also be examined for genetic interactions with PKC1 and BCK1...
- PROTEIN KINASE C AND YEAST GROWTH CONTROLDavid Levin; Fiscal Year: 1999..Novel signaling components will be identified through synthetic lethal and suppressor screens using a conditional allele of the SIT4 gene, which encodes a Pl-4 kinase that has been implicated in PKC1 signaling. ..
- Cell Wall Integrity Signaling in YeastDavid E Levin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Proposed studies are likely to reveal suitable molecular targets for the development of antifungal agents that display selective toxicity against fungal cells. ..