S M Lesko
Affiliation: Boston University
- Changes in sleep position during infancy: a prospective longitudinal assessmentS M Lesko
Slone Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Brookline, Mass 02146, USA
JAMA 280:336-40. 1998..Prone sleeping by infants has been associated with an increased risk of sudden infant death syndrome...
- The safety of acetaminophen and ibuprofen among children younger than two years oldS M Lesko
Slone Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Brookline, Massachusetts 02446, USA
Pediatrics 104:e39. 1999..Recently ibuprofen has been introduced as a nonprescription analgesic/antipyretic for use in children...
- Invasive group A streptococcal infection and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug use among children with primary varicellaS M Lesko
Slone Epidemiology Unit, School of Public Health, Boston University School of Medicine, Brookline, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 107:1108-15. 2001..To test the hypothesis that nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug use increases the risk of necrotizing soft tissue infections and, secondarily, all invasive group A streptococcal (GAS) infections in children with primary varicella infection...
- Asthma morbidity after the short-term use of ibuprofen in childrenSamuel M Lesko
Slone Epidemiology Unit, School of Public Health, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Pediatrics 109:E20. 2002..To test the hypothesis that short-term use of ibuprofen increases asthma morbidity in children...
- Calcium channel blocker use and the risk of prostate cancerR M Vezina
Slone Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Public Health, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Hypertens 11:1420-5. 1998..Because of the widespread use of Prostate-Specific Antigen testing for early detection of prostate cancer, potential detection bias needs to be considered in future studies of prostate cancer...
- Total bilirubin level in relation to excipients in parenteral morphine sulfate administered to seriously ill newborn infantsS M Lesko
Slone Epidemiology Unit, School of Public Health, Boston University School of Medicine 02146
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 8:401-10. 1994....
- Diarrhea in American infants and young children in the community setting: incidence, clinical presentation and microbiologyLouis Vernacchio
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:2-7. 2006..The characteristics and microbiology of the full spectrum of pediatric diarrhea occurring in the U.S. community setting are not well-understood...
- Sleep-disordered breathing symptoms are associated with poorer cognitive function in 5-year-old childrenDaniel J Gottlieb
Department of Medicine, Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 2394, USA
J Pediatr 145:458-64. 2004..To assess the relation of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) symptoms in children to neurocognitive function...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the diagnosis of otitis media in infancyLouis Vernacchio
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:795-804. 2004..Several risk factors have been associated with OM, but the relationship between OM and race/ethnicity remains controversial. We sought to define the relationship between OM diagnosis and race/ethnicity in infants...
- Symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing in 5-year-old children are associated with sleepiness and problem behaviorsDaniel J Gottlieb
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 2394, USA
Pediatrics 112:870-7. 2003..The goal of this study was to assess the prevalence of SDB symptoms in 5-year-old children and their relation to sleepiness and problem behaviors...
- Sleep position of low birth weight infantsLouis Vernacchio
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pediatrics 111:633-40. 2003..To describe sleep positions among low birth weight infants, variations in sleep position according to birth weight, and changes in sleep position over time. To analyze risk factors and influences associated with prone sleep...
- Secular changes in sleep position during infancy: 1995-1998Michael J Corwin
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 111:52-60. 2003....
- Characteristics of persistent diarrhea in a community-based cohort of young US childrenLouis Vernacchio
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:52-8. 2006..The objective of the study was to define the characteristics and microbiology of persistent diarrhea (PD) in US children...
- Infant sleep position and associated health outcomesCarl E Hunt
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:469-74. 2003....
- Frequency of bed sharing and its relationship to breastfeedingRosha Champion McCoy
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Ohio Mercy Children s Hospital, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 25:141-9. 2004..On multivariate analysis, race/ethnicity and breastfeeding seemed to have the strongest association with bed sharing. These factors need to be considered in any comprehensive risk to benefit analysis of bed sharing...