Carine M Lenders
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- A cross-sectional study of osteocalcin and body fat measures among obese adolescentsCarine M Lenders
Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:808-14. 2013..Osteocalcin (OCN), a marker of osteoblast activity, has been implicated in the regulation of energy metabolism by the skeleton and thus may affect body fat measures...
- A novel nutrition medicine education model: the Boston University experienceCarine Lenders
Boston University Medical Center, MA, USA
Adv Nutr 4:1-7. 2013..Future plans include further evaluation and dissemination of lessons learned using this model to improve public health wellness with support from academia, government, industry, and foundations...
- Weight loss surgery eligibility according to various BMI criteria among adolescentsCarine M Lenders
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:150-5. 2009..Fewer adolescents would be eligible based on the adult WLS criterion, and younger adolescents would be less likely to be eligible for WLS than older adolescents...
- Relation of body fat indexes to vitamin D status and deficiency among obese adolescentsCarine M Lenders
Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, MA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 90:459-67. 2009..Data on the relation between vitamin D status and body fat indexes in adolescence are lacking...
- Evaluation of a novel food composition database that includes glutamine and other amino acids derived from gene sequencing dataC M Lenders
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:1433-9. 2009..To determine the content of glutamine in major food proteins...
- Practical approaches to the treatment of severe pediatric obesityC M Lenders
Nutrition and Fitness for Life Program Pediatric Obesity, Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 58:1425-38, x-xi. 2011..Because health risk increases with degree of obesity, adolescents who may be eligible for more aggressive obesity treatment should be identified and counseled...
- Expert panel on weight loss surgery: executive report updateGeorge L Blackburn
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:842-62. 2009..We expect them to have far-reaching effects of the development of health care policy and the practice of WLS...
- Best practice updates for pediatric/adolescent weight loss surgeryJaney S A Pratt
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:901-10. 2009....
- Self-assessment of height, weight, and sexual maturation: validity in overweight children and adolescentsKayoung Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:346-52. 2006..To evaluate the validity of self-reported height, weight, and sexual maturation ratings among overweight children and adolescents...