Affiliation: Boston University
- Controlled trials of antibiotic treatment in patients with post-treatment chronic Lyme diseaseMark S Klempner
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 2:255-63. 2002....
- A case-control study to examine HLA haplotype associations in patients with posttreatment chronic Lyme diseaseMark S Klempner
Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Infect Dis 192:1010-3. 2005..No strong association between posttreatment chronic Lyme disease and any class II allele or genotype was found...
- Two controlled trials of antibiotic treatment in patients with persistent symptoms and a history of Lyme diseaseM S Klempner
New England Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
N Engl J Med 345:85-92. 2001..It is controversial whether prolonged antibiotic treatment is effective for patients in whom symptoms persist after the recommended antibiotic treatment for acute Lyme disease...
- CD14 mediates cross talk between mononuclear cells and fibroblasts for upregulation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 by Borrelia burgdorferiZhihui Zhao
Boston Medical Center, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Infect Immun 75:3062-9. 2007..These data suggest that the upregulation of MMP-9 by B. burgdorferi involves the CD14 pathway in infiltrating inflammatory cells. Fibroblasts could be recruited to amplify local production of MMP-9 by acquiring CD14 from macrophages...
- Borrelia burgdorferi-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 production in vivo and in vitroZhihui Zhao
Section of Infectious Diseases, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:528-33. 2007..The secreted MCP-1 may affect the production of MMP-9 in fibroblasts and/or macrophages...
- Selective up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in human erythema migrans skin lesions of acute lyme diseaseZhihui Zhao
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Infect Dis 188:1098-104. 2003..These results demonstrate specific up-regulation of MMP-9 in the EM skin lesions of patients with acute Lyme disease. Bacterial induction of host proteases may play a role in the dissemination of B. burgdorferi...
- Analysis of differences in the functional properties of the substrate binding proteins of the Borrelia burgdorferi oligopeptide permease (Opp) operonXing Guo Wang
Tupper Research Institute, Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Bacteriol 186:51-60. 2004..OppA-3 showed the greatest tolerance for changes in stereochemistry. Substantial differences in the substrate specificities of the OppA proteins of B. burgdorferi suggest that they may have distinct functions in the organism...
- The clinical assessment, treatment, and prevention of lyme disease, human granulocytic anaplasmosis, and babesiosis: clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of AmericaGary P Wormser
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:1089-134. 2006..Tables list the doses and durations of antimicrobial therapy recommended for treatment and prevention of Lyme disease and provide a partial list of therapies to be avoided. A definition of post-Lyme disease syndrome is proposed...
- New Method for Detecting Bacillus Anthracis SporesMark Klempner; Fiscal Year: 2003..anthracis spores and spores of other related and unrelated bacteria. The project will focus on developing the ligand library to include non-antibody reagents and differential recognition of bacterial spores from multiple species. ..
- National Center/Emerging Infectous Diseases & BiodefenseMark Klempner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..