Affiliation: Boston University
- Gonadotropin and estrogen responses in freshwater turtle (Chrysemys picta) from Cape Cod, MassachusettsNoppadon Kitana
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Phyathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Gen Comp Endocrinol 149:49-57. 2006..The results suggest that a low-level mixture of xenobiotic contaminants may interfere with the steroid metabolic pathways in turtles exposed to the test site, but not the reference site, environment...
- Effect of cadmium on gonadal development in freshwater turtle (Trachemys scripta, Chrysemys picta) embryosNoppadon Kitana
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 43:262-71. 2008....
- Reproductive deficits in male freshwater turtle Chrysemys picta from Cape Cod, MassachusettsNoppadon Kitana
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Biol Reprod 76:346-52. 2007..These results suggest that a low-level mixture of xenobiotic contaminants impairs the reproductive functions of turtles exposed to the impacted site but not to the reference site environment...
- Cadmium accumulation in two populations of rice frogs (Fejervarya limnocharis) naturally exposed to different environmental cadmium levelsMohd Sham Othman
International Postgraduate Programs in Environmental Management, Graduate School, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 83:703-7. 2009..Cadmium accumulation was the highest during the late dry and early rainy seasons. If this species is used as a sentinel for cadmium accumulation, the utilization of its whole organism, liver, kidney and testis is appropriate...
- Stimulating effects of quercetin on sperm quality and reproductive organs in adult male ratsLadachart Taepongsorat
Primate Research Unit, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Asian J Androl 10:249-58. 2008..To investigate effects of quercetin on weight and histology of testis and accessory sex organs and on sperm quality in adult male rats...