David W Kaufman
Affiliation: Boston University
- Recent trends in use of herbal and other natural productsJudith P Kelly
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:281-6. 2005..The benefits of herbal and other natural products (dietary supplements) are increasingly cited in the media. Dramatic increases in use reported during the last decade have led to growing concerns about efficacy and safety...
- Cough and cold medication use by US children, 1999-2006: results from the slone surveyLouis Vernacchio
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 122:e323-9. 2008..We sought to describe the prevalence and patterns of pediatric use of cough and cold medications, with particular attention to use among young children...
- Medication use among children <12 years of age in the United States: results from the Slone SurveyLouis Vernacchio
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 124:446-54. 2009....
- Factors related to colonization with Oxalobacter formigenes in U.S. adultsJudith Parsells Kelly
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Endourol 25:673-9. 2011..To elucidate the determinants of Oxalobacter formigenes colonization in humans...
- Recent patterns of medication use in the ambulatory adult population of the United States: the Slone surveyDavid W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Public Health, 1010 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
JAMA 287:337-44. 2002..Data on the range of prescription and over-the-counter drug use in the United States are not available...
- Interpretation of associations in pharmacoepidemiologyDavid W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Semin Hematol 45:181-8. 2008....
- Oxalobacter formigenes may reduce the risk of calcium oxalate kidney stonesDavid W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:1197-203. 2008..formigenes colonization. In conclusion, these results suggest that colonization with O. formigenes is associated with a 70% reduction in the risk for being a recurrent calcium oxalate stone former...
- Relative incidence of agranulocytosis and aplastic anemiaDavid W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Hematol 81:65-7. 2006..7 to 4.1 per million; the inverse correlation was consistent among the regions (R2 = 0.74). There is no clear explanation for this previously unreported pattern, but it seems unlikely to be due to methodology...
- Are cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors being taken only by those who need them?David W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1066-7. 2005
- Pseudoephedrine use among US children, 1999-2006: results from the Slone surveyLouis Vernacchio
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 122:1299-304. 2008..We sought to describe the prevalence and patterns of pseudoephedrine use among US children and to assess any change since the 2005 law took effect...
- Use of herbal/natural supplements according to racial/ethnic groupJudith Parsells Kelly
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:555-61. 2006..The aim of this paper was to determine similarities and differences in the use of herbal/natural supplements among various racial/ethnic groups...
- Prevalence and characteristics of opioid use in the US adult populationJudith Parsells Kelly
Slone Epidemiology Center of Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pain 138:507-13. 2008..3 million US adults are taking opioids regularly in any given week. Information on the prevalence and characteristics of use is important as opioids are one of the most widely prescribed classes of drugs in the US...
- Classification of the myelodysplastic syndrome in a national registry of recently diagnosed patientsGregory A Abel
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Leuk Res 34:939-41. 2010..It is not known to what extent the WHO classification scheme for MDS has been adopted in clinical practice...
- Risk factors for leukemia in ThailandDavid W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Hematol 88:1079-88. 2009..3; 1.1-4.9), occupational pesticides that were mostly unspecified (3.8; 2.1-7.1), and working with or near powerlines (4.3; 1.3-15). No associations were found for diagnostic X-rays, cigarette smoking, or other occupational exposures...
- Use of postmenopausal hormone therapy since the Women's Health Initiative findingsJudith Parsells Kelly
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:837-42. 2005..To estimate whether use of alternative drugs to treat menopausal symptoms (e.g., selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors [SSRIs], soy) has increased...
- Prevalence and correlates of exceeding the labeled maximum dose of acetaminophen among adults in a U.S.-based internet surveyDavid W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:1280-8. 2012..Acetaminophen is a commonly used analgesic; excessive doses can lead to liver damage. We sought to determine the proportion of acetaminophen users exceeding the recommended maximum daily dose of 4 g and identify correlates of such behavior...
- Commonly used antihypertensives and lower urinary tract symptoms: results from the Boston Area Community Health (BACH) SurveySusan A Hall
New England Research Institutes, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
BJU Int 109:1676-84. 2012....
- Aplastic anemia in Brazil: incidence and risk factorsEliane M C P Maluf
Bone Marrow Transplantation Center, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Am J Hematol 71:268-74. 2002..0 (1.2-7.3). Cases of AAA in Brazil seem to be associated with some factors traditionally related to this disease, such as certain solvents and the incidence is similar to what has been reported from Europe...
- Non-contrast-enhanced computerized tomography and analgesic-related kidney disease: report of the national analgesic nephropathy studyWilliam L Henrich
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1472-80. 2006..Findings of SICK are infrequent in the US ESRD population and do not occur among a sufficient proportion of heavy analgesic users to render the non-contrast-enhanced CT scan a sensitive tool to detect analgesic-associated kidney injury...
- The epidemiology of aplastic anemia in ThailandSurapol Issaragrisil
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Blood 107:1299-307. 2006....
- The epidemiology of acquired aplastic anemiaNeal S Young
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Haematologica 93:489-92. 2008
- Case-control study on the association of upper gastrointestinal bleeding and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in JapanChoitsu Sakamoto
Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:765-72. 2006..The role of Helicobacter pylori infection in NSAIDs-related UGIB remains to be studied. We conducted a case-control study in Japan to investigate these related topics...
- Oxalobacter Formigenes and Other Factors in UrolithiasisDavid Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Oxalobacter Formigenes and Other Factors in UrolithiasisDavid Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Herbal Medicine Use in Minority Populations in the USDavid Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Because the survey data are representative of the U.S. population, the results will provide a comprehensive and comparative picture of the use of non-vitamin/non-mineral dietary supplements in minority groups in this country. ..
- Oxalobacter Formigenes and Other Factors in UrolithiasisDavid Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..