Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Venous thromboembolism after joint replacement in older male veterans with comorbidityAlok Kapoor
Hospital Medicine Unit, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:590-601. 2013..To identify older adults with comorbidities or poor functional status at high risk of postoperative venous thromboembolism (VTE)...
- Magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosing foot osteomyelitis: a meta-analysisAlok Kapoor
Division of General Internal Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston University, MA 02118, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:125-32. 2007....
- Using the case mix of pressure ulcer healing to evaluate nursing home performanceAlok Kapoor
Hospital Medicine Unit, Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Qual 23:342-9. 2008..The model that the authors developed contains credible predictors of healing. Pressure ulcer healing may be one of many indicators used to evaluate nursing home quality...
- Cost-effectiveness of screening for unhealthy alcohol use with % carbohydrate deficient transferrin: results from a literature-based decision analytic computer modelAlok Kapoor
Hospital Medicine Unit, Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1440-9. 2009..The %carbohydrate deficient transferrin (%CDT) test offers objective evidence of unhealthy alcohol use but its cost-effectiveness in primary care conditions is unknown...
- Cost effectiveness of venous thromboembolism pharmacological prophylaxis in total hip and knee replacement: a systematic reviewAlok Kapoor
Hospital Medicine Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 28:521-38. 2010..Small numbers for other comparisons and absence of trials reporting symptomatic endpoints prohibit comprehensive conclusions...
- Risk of venous thromboembolism after total hip and knee replacement in older adults with comorbidity and co-occurring comorbidities in the Nationwide Inpatient Sample (2003-2006)Alok Kapoor
Hospital Medicine Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMC Geriatr 10:63. 2010..Identifying a high risk cohort such as older adults with comorbidities and co-occurring comorbidities who might benefit most from high potency prophylaxis would improve how we currently perform preoperative assessment...