Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Boston University
- δ-Catenin is genetically and biologically associated with cortical cataract and future Alzheimer-related structural and functional brain changesGyungah Jun
Department of Medicine, Biomedical Genetics, Boston University Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43728. 2012..Our findings suggest that genetic variation in delta catenin may underlie both cortical lens opacities in mid-life and subsequent MRI and cognitive changes that presage the development of AD...
- Using linkage analysis of large pedigrees to guide association analysesSeung Hoan Choi
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMC Proc 5:S79. 2011..5% of the exome. This result suggests that incorporating linkage results from large multiplex families might greatly increase the efficiency of sequencing to detect trait-associated alleles in complex disease...
- Comprehensive search for Alzheimer disease susceptibility loci in the APOE regionGyungah Jun
Department of Medicine Biomedical Genetics, Boston University Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Neurol 69:1270-9. 2012....
- Systems biology-based analysis implicates a novel role for vitamin D metabolism in the pathogenesis of age-related macular degenerationMargaux A Morrison
Ocular Molecular Genetics Institute, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Genomics 5:538-68. 2011..These data not only extend previous biological studies in the AMD field, but further emphasise common antecedents between several disorders with an inflammatory/immunogenic component such as cardiovascular disease, cancer and AMD...
- Multiple loci influencing hippocampal degeneration identified by genome scanScott A Melville
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, MA, USA
Ann Neurol 72:65-75. 2012..We conducted a 2-stage GWAS for AD-related quantitative measures of hippocampal volume (HV), total cerebral volume (TCV), and white matter hyperintensities (WMH)...
- A search for age-related macular degeneration risk variants in Alzheimer disease genes and pathwaysMark W Logue
Department of Medicine Biomedical Genetics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Neurobiol Aging 35:1510.e7-18. 2014..34, OR = 0.89, p = 1.17 × 10(-5)), which is a member of the atherosclerosis signaling and the LXR/RXR activation pathways. Our results suggest that AMD and AD share genetic mechanisms...
- Influence of ROBO1 and RORA on risk of age-related macular degeneration reveals genetically distinct phenotypes in disease pathophysiologyGyungah Jun
Medicine Biomedical Genetics, Boston University Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25775. 2011..These findings suggest that distinct ROBO1 variants may influence the risk of wet and dry AMD, and the effects of ROBO1 on AMD risk may be modulated by RORA variants...
- Meta-analysis confirms CR1, CLU, and PICALM as alzheimer disease risk loci and reveals interactions with APOE genotypesGyungah Jun
Department of Medicine, Boston University, USA
Arch Neurol 67:1473-84. 2010..To determine whether genotypes at CLU, PICALM, and CR1 confer risk for Alzheimer disease (AD) and whether risk for AD associated with these genes is influenced by apolipoprotein E (APOE) genotypes...