Affiliation: Boston University
- The association between children's computer use and musculoskeletal discomfortKaren Jacobs
Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Science, Department of Occupational Therapy, 635 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Work 18:221-6. 2002..This study provides a general description of the computer set-up and home use of 152 6th grade children and looks at the association between overall musculoskeletal discomfort and various ergonomic variables...
- The effect of education on backpack wearing and posture in a middle school populationAmy J Feingold
Work 18:287-94. 2002....
- University students' notebook computer useKaren Jacobs
Boston University, Sargent College, Department of Occupational Therapy, 635 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Appl Ergon 40:404-9. 2009..More research is needed however to determine the most effective ergonomics intervention for university students...
- An ergonomics training program for student notebook computer users: preliminary outcomes of a six-year cohort studyKaren Jacobs
Boston University, College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Sargent College, Department of Occupational Therapy, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Work 44:221-30. 2013....
- PrefaceKaren Jacobs
Founding Editor in Chief, Work, Chairperson, IEA Science, Technology and Practice STP, Occupational therapist and ergonomist, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA E mail Blog http blogs bu edu kjacobs
Work 41:i. 2012..Soares, the Congress Chair, the Congress Organizing Committee, the IEA, the Brazilian Ergonomics Association and the Union of Latin-American Ergonomics Societies on a successful Congress.With much admiration,Karen Jacobs...
- Usability of a barcode scanning system as a means of data entry on a PDA for self-report health outcome questionnaires: a pilot study in individuals over 60 years of agePatrick Boissy
Research Centre on Aging, Sherbrooke Geriatric University Institute, Sherbrooke, Canada
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:42. 2006....
- University students' notebook computer use: lessons learned using e-diaries to report musculoskeletal discomfortK Jacobs
Boston University Sargent College, Department of Occupational Therapy, Boston, MA, USA
Ergonomics 54:206-19. 2011..Without some form of ergonomic intervention, these students are likely to enter the workforce with poor computing habits, which places them on the road to future injuries as technology continues to play a dominant role in their lives...
- Computer-related posture and musculoskeletal discomfort in middle school studentsKaren Jacobs
Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Work 32:275-83. 2009..General base line data from this three-year study is reported...
- Middle school children's participation in activities and the effects of pain from backpack use on participationRenée Alison Lockhart
Programs in Occupational Therapy, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Work 22:155-68. 2004....
- The gap between exposure and implementation of computer workstation ergonomics in the workplaceKevin Berner
Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Work 19:193-9. 2002..The Transtheoretical Model for Health Behavior Change [25,27] is used to further evaluate effectiveness of ergonomic interventions. Recommendations for interventions and future evaluations are presented...
- The effectiveness of a home-based ergonomics intervention on the proper use of computers by middle school childrenChad D Williams
Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, 635 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Work 18:261-8. 2002....
- The prevalence of computer-related musculoskeletal complaints in female college studentsAudra G Hamilton
7 Reed Lane, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Work 24:387-94. 2005....
- Gender-age environmental associates of middle school students' low back painHsin Yu Chiang
Programs in Occupational Therapy, Boston University, 635 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Work 26:197-206. 2006....
- The effectiveness of ergonomic intervention in the classroomJanette Shinn
Touro College, School of Health Sciences, Department of Occupational Therapy, Bayshore, NY, USA
Work 18:67-73. 2002..To see if an in-service on proper body mechanics and ergonomics for computer workstation usage can increase a student's knowledge regarding these areas...
- Efficacy of body mechanics education on posture while computing in middle school childrenGretchen Rowe
Work 18:295-303. 2002....