Denise A Hines
Affiliation: Boston University
- Binge drinking and violence against intimate partners in RussiaAleksandra V Lysova
Department of Psychology and Social Sciences, Far Eastern National University, Vladivostok, Russia
Aggress Behav 34:416-27. 2008..However, other alternative mediation and moderation models for the relationships between binge drinking, IPV perpetration, and ATSB could not be ruled out with this one-wave correlational study...
- Gender differences in psychological, physical, and sexual aggression among college students using the revised conflict tactics scalesDenise A Hines
Department of Psychology, Boston University, MA 02215, USA
Violence Vict 18:197-217. 2003..For females, both sexual coercion perpetration and victimization were related to the perpetration and victimization of psychological aggression and victimization from physical aggression, but not to physical aggression perpetration...
- Predicting potentially life-threatening partner violence by women toward men: a preliminary analysisDenise A Hines
Department of Psychology, Clark University, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Violence Vict 28:751-71. 2013..Logistic regressions indicated that there were 2 consistent predictors: the female partner's frequency of physical PV and the number of sources from which the participant sought help...
- Gender differences in sexual assault victimization among college studentsDenise A Hines
Clark University, Department of Psychology, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Violence Vict 27:922-40. 2012..Results are discussed in the context of routine activities theory and implications for prevention and future research...
- Personality and intimate partner aggression in dating relationships: the role of the "Big Five"Denise A Hines
Department of Psychology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Aggress Behav 34:593-604. 2008..Results are discussed in terms of why personality should be considered as a predictor for both the use and receipt of IPA, why sex differences emerged, and future research that should be conducted...
- Predictors of sexual coercion against women and men: a multilevel, multinational study of university studentsDenise A Hines
Department of Criminal Justice, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Massachusetts 01854, USA
Arch Sex Behav 36:403-22. 2007..Results are discussed in terms of their contributions to the literature, limitations of the current study, and suggestions for future research...
- Genetic and environmental influences on intimate partner aggression: a preliminary studyDenise A Hines
Family Research Laboratory, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Violence Vict 19:701-18. 2004..These results challenge the prevailing theory to explain familial resemblance in intimate aggression...
- Binge drinking and violence against dating partners: the mediating effect of antisocial traits and behaviors in a multinational perspectiveDenise A Hines
Department of Criminal Justice, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, Massachusetts 01854, USA
Aggress Behav 33:441-57. 2007..ASTB fully mediated this association. The mean level of binge drinking at each site did not significantly influence the strength of the association between binge drinking and PV...