Alexis D Henry
Affiliation: Boston University
- Creating job opportunities for people with psychiatric disabilities at a university-based research centerAlexis D Henry
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Illinois at Chicago, 60603, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 26:181-90. 2002..We offer recommendations to mental health researchers wishing to create these types of opportunities for people with psychiatric disabilities...
- A qualitative study of programs for parents with serious mental illness and their children: building practice-based evidenceJoanne Nicholson
Center for Mental Health Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 34:395-413. 2007..Qualitative methods are useful, particularly when studying existing programs, in taking steps toward building the evidence base for effective programs for parents with serious mental illness and their children...
- Achieving the goal of evidence-based psychiatric rehabilitation practices for mothers with mental illnessesJoanne Nicholson
Center for Mental Health Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 27:122-30. 2003..The value of a psychiatric rehabilitation approach is highlighted. Challenges in documenting and testing interventions for mothers with mental illness include resource allocation and research innovation...
- Evaluation of an Individual Placement and Support model (IPS) programAnna M Lucca
Lewin Group, Washington, DC, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 27:251-7. 2004..Results indicate that the SEE program maintained high IPS fidelity and achieved employment outcomes comparable or superior to other SE and IPS model programs described in the literature...
- Facilitators and barriers to employment: the perspectives of people with psychiatric disabilities and employment service providersAlexis D Henry
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Work 22:169-82. 2004..Participants identified a range of environmental barriers, including issues related to the service system, entitlement programs, non-human resources, and social stigma. Implications for services are discussed...
- Psychometric properties of the scorable self-care evaluationMelinda H Tarbell
Acute Care Rehabilitation Department, Concord Hospital, Concord, New Hampshire 03301, USA
Am J Occup Ther 58:324-32. 2004....
- Inpatient hospitalizations and emergency service visits among participants in an Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model programAlexis D Henry
Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 6:227-37. 2004..The interaction effect was moderate, even when we controlled for client functioning. These findings provide support for the integration of mental health and vocational rehabilitation services, a key feature of evidence-based SE services...
- Mobility limitations negatively impact work outcomes among Medicaid enrollees with disabilitiesAlexis D Henry
Center for Health Policy and Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 222 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA
J Occup Rehabil 17:355-69. 2007....