Amresh D Hanchate
Affiliation: Boston University
- Massachusetts health reform and disparities in joint replacement use: difference in differences studyAmresh D Hanchate
VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
BMJ 350:h440. 2015..To estimate the impact of the insurance expansion in 2006 on use of knee and hip replacement procedures by race/ethnicity, area income, and the use of hospitals that predominantly serve poor people ("safety net hospitals")...
- Comparison of ischemic stroke outcomes and patient and hospital characteristics by race/ethnicity and socioeconomic statusAmresh D Hanchate
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 44:469-76. 2013..Using comprehensive data from 8 states, we sought to compare inpatient mortality and length of stay by race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status...
- Massachusetts reform and disparities in inpatient care utilizationAmresh D Hanchate
VA Boston Healthcare System, USA
Med Care 50:569-77. 2012..Yet, little is known about the reform's impact on actual health care utilization among poor and minority populations, particularly for receipt of inpatient surgical procedures that are commonly initiated by outpatient physician referral...
- The quality of care for adults with epilepsy: an initial glimpse using the QUIET measureMary Jo Pugh
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, VERDICT REAP, 7400 Merton Minter, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:1. 2011..We examined the quality of adult epilepsy care using the Quality Indicators in Epilepsy Treatment (QUIET) measure, and variations in quality based on the source of epilepsy care...
- Exploring the determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in total knee arthroplasty: health insurance, income, and assetsAmresh D Hanchate
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 01532, USA
Med Care 46:481-8. 2008..To estimate national total knee arthroplasty (TKA) rates by economic factors, and the extent to which differences in insurance coverage, income, and assets contribute to racial and ethnic disparities in TKA use...
- The Demographic Assessment for Health Literacy (DAHL): a new tool for estimating associations between health literacy and outcomes in national surveysAmresh D Hanchate
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 01532, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1561-6. 2008....
- Longitudinal patterns in survival, comorbidity, healthcare utilization and quality of care among older women following breast cancer diagnosisAmresh D Hanchate
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research COLMR, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:1045-50. 2010..To compare longitudinal patterns of health care utilization and quality of care for other health conditions between breast cancer-surviving older women and a matched cohort without breast cancer...
- The effect of Massachusetts health reform on 30 day hospital readmissions: retrospective analysis of hospital episode statisticsKaren E Lasser
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMJ 348:g2329. 2014....