Michael A Grodin
Affiliation: Boston University
- Treating survivors of torture and refugee trauma: a preliminary case series using qigong and t'ai chiMichael A Grodin
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:801-6. 2008..This paper seeks to explore the potential value of qigong and t'ai chi practice as a therapeutic intervention to aid in the treatment of survivors of torture and refugee trauma...
- Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine for survivors of torture and refugee trauma: a descriptive reportEllen Silver Highfield
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 14:433-40. 2012..Using the Wong-Baker Faces Pain scale, 56% patients reported pain decreases. Patient acceptance of acupuncture was high. We provide three case histories as illustrative examples. Further research is warranted...
- Prevalence of torture survivors among foreign-born patients presenting to an urban ambulatory care practiceSondra S Crosby
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02128, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:764-8. 2006..The prevalence of torture among foreign-born patients presenting to urban medical clinics is not well documented...
- Emergence flashback in a patient with posttraumatic stress disorderSondra S Crosby
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:169-71. 2007
- Hunger strikes, force-feeding, and physicians' responsibilitiesSondra S Crosby
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JAMA 298:563-6. 2007
- Oral health status of refugee torture survivors seeking care in the United StatesHarpreet K Singh
Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Public Health 98:2181-2. 2008..Torture treatment centers, in addition to offering safe environments for educating and examining patients, are ideal settings to provide basic oral health services without the risk of retraumatization...
- Clinical issues in caring for former chattel slavesRebecca D Blumhofer
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 02118, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:323-32. 2011..A confidential Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved case report will be used to illustrate these objectives...
- The use of complementary and alternative medicine among refugees: a systematic reviewSabrina Macduff
Department of Health Law, Bioethics, and Human Rights, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany St Talbot 3W, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:585-99. 2011..Efforts are needed to further explore these results and expand research within this field...