Craig E Gordon
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Interferon for hepatitis C virus in hemodialysis--an individual patient meta-analysis of factors associated with sustained virological responseCraig E Gordon
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1449-58. 2009..The authors aimed to identify factors associated with SVR in hemodialysis patients through analysis of individual patient data obtained from systematic review of published literature...
- Pneumothorax following thoracentesis: a systematic review and meta-analysisCraig E Gordon
Renal Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:332-9. 2010..We aimed to determine the mean pneumothorax rate following thoracentesis and to identify risk factors for pneumothorax through a systematic review and meta-analysis...
- Long-term viral negativity after interferon for chronic hepatitis C virus infection in hemodialysisCraig E Gordon
Renal Section, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:2226-34. 2011..We analyzed the rate of long-term virological negativity in hemodialysis patients who achieved SVR after IFN or pegylated-IFN through analysis of patient-level data...
- Interferon treatment in hemodialysis patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis of treatment efficacy and harmsCraig E Gordon
Division of Nephrology, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 51:263-77. 2008..We determined the efficacy and harms of interferon (IFN) and pegylated IFN (PEG-IFN) treatment of hemodialysis patients with chronic HCV infection and identified factors associated with these outcomes...
- Beyond the comfort zone: residents assess their comfort performing inpatient medical proceduresGrace C Huang
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Am J Med 119:71.e17-24. 2006..As a result, residents may be unskilled and uncomfortable performing procedures. This study characterizes residents' comfort performing medical procedures and identifies factors associated with lack of comfort...
- KDOQI US commentary on the KDIGO clinical practice guideline for the prevention, diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of hepatitis C in CKDCraig E Gordon
Tufts Center for Guideline Development and Implementation, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 52:811-25. 2008..Research recommendations that are of particular interest to the United States are then summarized to highlight future areas of inquiry that would enable updating of the guidelines...
- Cinacalcet for the treatment of hyperparathyroidism in kidney transplant recipients: a systematic review and meta-analysisJordana B Cohen
Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Transplantation 94:1041-8. 2012..Multiple observational studies have investigated treatment of posttransplant hyperparathyroidism with the calcimimetic agent cinacalcet...
- Creation of an innovative inpatient medical procedure service and a method to evaluate house staff competencyC Christopher Smith
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:510-3. 2004..The American Board of Internal Medicine requires substantiation of competence in procedure skills for all internal medicine residents; however, for most procedures, standards of competence do not exist...
- Bleeding complications of native kidney biopsy: a systematic review and meta-analysisKristin M Corapi
Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, MA 02118, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 60:62-73. 2012..Kidney biopsy provides important information for nephrologists, but the risk of complications has not been systematically described...