Affiliation: Boston University
- Nontherapeutic research with children: Grimes v Kennedy Krieger InstituteLeonard H Glantz
Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1070-3. 2002..While some language in the opinion may be difficult to understand or apply, for the most part the case reflects the problems other courts and ethicists have had in delineating the role of children in "nontherapeutic" research...
- Should smokers be refused surgery?Leonard Glantz
Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMJ 334:21. 2007
- A surplus of positive trials: weighing biases and reconsidering equipoiseDavid T Felson
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 6:117-9. 2004..Neither is it clear how investigators and sponsors, who are invested in the success of a proposed therapy, would (or whether they should) develop such a formula...
- Jacobson v Massachusetts: it's not your great-great-grandfather's public health lawWendy K Mariner
Department of Health Law, Bioethics and Human Rights, School of Public Health, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Public Health 95:581-90. 2005..What has changed is the Court's recognition of the importance of individual liberty and how it limits that power. Preserving the public's health in the 21st century requires preserving respect for personal liberty...
- The FDA, preemption, and the Supreme CourtLeonard H Glantz
Department of Health Law, Bioethics, and Human Rights at Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1883-5. 2008