Susan M Frayne
Affiliation: Boston University
- Sexual assault while in the military: violence as a predictor of cardiac risk?Susan M Frayne
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Violence Vict 18:219-25. 2003..An association between myocardial infarction and prior sexual assault history may be mediated in part by known cardiac risk factors...
- Does opioid therapy affect quality of care for diabetes mellitus?Adam J Rose
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Bedford VA Medical Center, 200 Springs Rd, Bldg 70, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:217-24. 2009..To examine whether veterans who received chronic opioid therapy had worse diabetes performance measures than patients who did not receive opioids...
- Disparities in diabetes care: impact of mental illnessSusan M Frayne
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Bedford, MA, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:2631-8. 2005..Diabetes serves as a useful condition in which to test for MHC-related disparities in care. We examined whether quality measures for diabetes care are worse for patients with or without MHCs...
- Measuring quality of oral anticoagulation care: extending quality measurement to a new fieldAdam J Rose
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Bedford VA Medical Center, Bedford, MA, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:146-55. 2009..To address this gap in the literature, a MEDLINE search was conducted for all papers relevant to possible quality measures in oral anticoagulation care, including measures of structure, process, and outcomes of care...
- Depression management in medical clinics: does healthcare sector make a difference?Susan M Frayne
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston University, Boston, Mass, USA
Am J Med Qual 19:28-36. 2004..Access to mental health services may prove valuable in the campaign to increase physician adherence to depression clinical guidelines...
- Healthcare preferences among lesbians: a focus group analysisMargaret R Seaver
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:215-25. 2008..The healthcare needs of lesbians are not well understood. We sought to characterize lesbians' experiences with, and preferences for, women's healthcare...
- Gender disparities in Veterans Health Administration care: importance of accounting for veteran statusSusan M Frayne
Center for Health Care Evaluation, 795 Willow Road 152 MPD, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA
Med Care 46:549-53. 2008..Historically, such appraisals have often relied on secondary databases, with little attention to methodological implications of the fact that VHA provides care to some nonveteran patients...
- Violence perpetration and childhood abuse among men and women in substance abuse treatmentMandi L Burnette
Sierra Pacific Mental Illness, Research, Education and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 35:217-22. 2008..Findings highlight the need for increased screening and treatment of violence perpetration among patients with SUD and suggest that CSA may be an important correlate of violence perpetration among women...
- Health status among women with menstrual symptomsKaren Barnard
VA Medical Center, 200 Springs Road, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 12:911-9. 2003..We sought to determine the prevalence of menstrual symptoms and the degree to which these symptoms affect health status...
- Racial/ethnic differences in diabetes care for older veterans: accounting for dual health system use changes conclusionsJewell H Halanych
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Bedford VA Hospital, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 44:439-45. 2006..Veterans Health Administration (VHA) databases are used extensively to study racial/ethnic disparities; however, these databases may not capture all care received by VHA patients...
- Health status among 28,000 women veterans. The VA Women's Health Program Evaluation ProjectSusan M Frayne
Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:S40-6. 2006..Male veterans receiving Veterans Health Administration (VA) care have worse health than men in the general population. Less is known about health status in women veteran VA patients, a rapidly growing population...
- Gender and use of care: planning for tomorrow's Veterans Health AdministrationSusan M Frayne
Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:1188-99. 2007..With more women entering the system, a systematic assessment of their healthcare use and costs of care is needed. We examined how utilization and costs of VHA care differ in women veterans compared with men veterans...