D E Forman
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention programs for elderly cardiac patientsD E Forman
Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 16:619-29. 2000..The benefits of exercise prescription in cardiac rehabilitation and synchronized risk-factor reduction are pertinent to aging and age-related heart disease, including coronary heart disease and heart failure...
- Heart failure in the elderlyDaniel E Forman
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Congest Heart Fail 9:311-21; discussion 309-10; quiz 322-3. 2003..Orientation to heart failure, particularly as a disease of aging, can help critically refine management of acute and chronic disease, as well as foster preventive strategies to reduce incidence of this common malady...
- Incidence, predictors at admission, and impact of worsening renal function among patients hospitalized with heart failureDaniel E Forman
Section of Cardiology, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02188, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:61-7. 2004..The goal of this study was to determine the prevalence of worsening renal function (WRF) among hospitalized heart failure (HF) patients, clinical predictors of WRF, and hospital outcomes associated with WRF...
- Cardiac morphology and function in senescent rats: gender-related differencesD E Forman
Division on Aging, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:1872-7. 1997..We sought to better understand the effects of aging and gender on left ventricular (LV) structure and function...
- Randomized trial of progressive resistance training to counteract the myopathy of chronic heart failureC T Pu
Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, and Sarcopenia Laboratory, Jean Mayer United States Department of Agriculture, Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Appl Physiol 90:2341-50. 2001..These gains are largely explained by skeletal muscle and not resting cardiac adaptations...
- The prognostic importance of different definitions of worsening renal function in congestive heart failureStephen S Gottlieb
Division of Cardiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine and the D V A Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Card Fail 8:136-41. 2002..We therefore compared the prognostic importance of various definitions of worsening renal function in 1,002 patients hospitalized for congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Relationship between heart failure treatment and development of worsening renal function among hospitalized patientsJaved Butler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Am Heart J 147:331-8. 2004..Whether treatment for HF contributes to WRF is unknown. In this study, we sought to assess whether acute treatment for patients who were hospitalized with HF contributes to WRF...
- Relation of brain natriuretic peptide levels to cognitive dysfunction in adults > 55 years of age with cardiovascular diseaseJohn Gunstad
Department of Psychology, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:538-40. 2006..002), a measure of verbal and nonverbal abstraction abilities. In conclusion, the results of the present study provide the first evidence for an independent relation between BNP and cognitive dysfunction in older adults with CVD...
- Progress in prevention: resistant or difficult-to-control hypertension: an opportunity for preventionEileen M Stuart-Shor
University of Massachusetts, Boston College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Boston, MA 02125 3393, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 22:105-6. 2007