Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Boston University
- Protein kinase CK2 is required for dorsal axis formation in Xenopus embryosIsabel Dominguez
Section of Hematology Oncology Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston MA 02118, USA
Dev Biol 274:110-24. 2004..Taken together, these studies demonstrate that CK2 is a bona fide member of the Wnt pathway and has a critical role in the establishment of the dorsal embryonic axis...
- Kinase-inactive glycogen synthase kinase 3beta promotes Wnt signaling and mammary tumorigenesisMarganit Farago
Molecular Medicine Program, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 65:5792-801. 2005..Thus, antagonism of GSK3beta activity is oncogenic in the mammary epithelium; mutation or pharmacologic down-regulation of GSK3beta could promote mammary tumors...
- A role for CK2alpha/beta in Xenopus early embryonic developmentIsabel Dominguez
Hematology Oncology Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 274:125-31. 2005..Our results demonstrate that CK2 is required for dorsal axis formation and is for normal upregulation of Wnt signaling genes and targets. Thus, CK2 is a regulator of endogenous axis formation in vertebrates...
- Gene targeting of CK2 catalytic subunitsDavid C Seldin
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 316:141-7. 2008....
- CK2 as a positive regulator of Wnt signalling and tumourigenesisDavid C Seldin
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 274:63-7. 2005..Inhibitors of GSK3 under development for treatment of diabetes could promote tumours, while CK2 inhibitors should be useful agents for treatment of cancer...
- Threonine 393 of beta-catenin regulates interaction with AxinHao Wu
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 108:52-63. 2009..In addition, the increased recruitment of GSK3beta to the destruction complex in the presence of activated beta-catenin mutants could be a feedback mechanism to suppress overactive Wnt signaling...
- CK2α is essential for embryonic morphogenesisIsabel Dominguez
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 356:209-16. 2011..Here, we summarize the overall phenotype found in CK2α (-/- ) mice and describe our initial analysis aimed to identify the cellular processes affected in CK2α mutants...
- Self-organization of vertebrate mesoderm based on simple boundary conditionsJeremy B A Green
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 231:576-81. 2004..This process provides a remarkably simple organizing principle that contributes to the reliability of embryonic development as a whole...
- Dynamic expression of a LEF-EGFP Wnt reporter in mouse development and cancerNicolas Currier
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Genesis 48:183-94. 2010..Thus, this transgenic line is useful for ex vivo and in vitro studies of Wnt signaling in development and cancer...
- The alpha catalytic subunit of protein kinase CK2 is required for mouse embryonic developmentDavid Y Lou
Boston University Medical Center, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:131-9. 2008..Defects in the formation of the heart lead to hydrops fetalis and are likely the cause of embryonic lethality. Thus, CK2alpha appears to play an essential and uncompensated role in mammalian development...
- Oncogenic signaling pathways activated in DMBA-induced mouse mammary tumorsNicolas Currier
Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Toxicol Pathol 33:726-37. 2005..These data suggest that environmental carcinogens can produce long-lasting alterations in growth and anti-apoptotic pathways, leading to mammary tumorigenesis...
- CK2 phosphorylation of the armadillo repeat region of beta-catenin potentiates Wnt signalingDiane H Song
Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24018-25. 2003..Thus, CK2 is a positive regulator of Wnt signaling through phosphorylation of beta-catenin at Thr393, leading to proteasome resistance and increased protein and co-transcriptional activity...
- Jade-1 inhibits Wnt signalling by ubiquitylating beta-catenin and mediates Wnt pathway inhibition by pVHLVipul C Chitalia
Renal Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Nat Cell Biol 10:1208-16. 2008..The pVHL tumour suppressor and the Wnt tumorigenesis pathway are therefore directly linked through Jade-1...
- Mitofusins 1 and 2 are essential for postnatal metabolic remodeling in heartKyriakos N Papanicolaou
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Circ Res 111:1012-26. 2012..Mitofusins (Mfn-1 and Mfn-2) are known regulators of mitochondrial networks, but their role during perinatal maturation of the heart has yet to be examined...