Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Boston University
- Association of MRI markers of vascular brain injury with incident stroke, mild cognitive impairment, dementia, and mortality: the Framingham Offspring StudyStephanie Debette
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Stroke 41:600-6. 2010..We simultaneously assessed the relation of white matter hyperintensities and BI with incident stroke, mild cognitive impairment, dementia, and mortality in a middle-aged community-based cohort...
- Visceral fat is associated with lower brain volume in healthy middle-aged adultsStephanie Debette
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, MA, USA
Ann Neurol 68:136-44. 2010....
- Genome-wide Studies of Verbal Declarative Memory in Nondemented Older People: The Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genomic Epidemiology ConsortiumStephanie Debette
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Epidemiology, University of Bordeaux Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Electronic address
Biol Psychiatry 77:749-63. 2015..Memory performance in older persons can reflect genetic influences on cognitive function and dementing processes. We aimed to identify genetic contributions to verbal declarative memory in a community setting...
- Vascular risk factors and cognitive disordersS Debette
Department of Neurology, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France Inserm unit U740, Universite Paris Diderot Paris 7, UFR de médecine Paris Diderot Paris 7 site Villemin, 10, avenue de Verdun, 75010 Paris, France Paris 7 University, DHU neurovasc Sorbonne Paris Cité, 190, avenue de France, 75013 Paris, France Department of Neurology, Framingham Heart Study, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 E Concord St, Boston, MA 02118, USA Electronic address
Rev Neurol (Paris) 169:757-64. 2013..Future areas of investigation could include differential class effects of antihypertensive drugs on cognitive outcomes and identification of high risk individuals as target population for clinical trials initiated in midlife. ..
- Abdominal obesity and lower gray matter volume: a Mendelian randomization studyStephanie Debette
INSERM, Neuroepidemiology U708, Paris and Bordeaux, France Department of Epidemiology, University of Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, Garches, France Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Department of Neurology, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris 7 University, Paris, France Electronic address
Neurobiol Aging 35:378-86. 2014..015). Age and BMI-adjusted effect estimates from the MR analysis confirmed the inverse association between GMV and WHR and are in favor of a causal association...
- The clinical importance of white matter hyperintensities on brain magnetic resonance imaging: systematic review and meta-analysisStephanie Debette
Clinical Neuroscience, St George s University of London, London
BMJ 341:c3666. 2010..To review the evidence for an association of white matter hyperintensities with risk of stroke, cognitive decline, dementia, and death...
- Genome-wide analysis of genetic loci associated with Alzheimer diseaseSudha Seshadri
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JAMA 303:1832-40. 2010..Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have recently identified CLU, PICALM, and CR1 as novel genes for late-onset Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Multiple biomarkers and risk of clinical and subclinical vascular brain injury: the Framingham Offspring StudyAleksandra Pikula
Boston University Schools of Medicine and Public Health, MA, USA
Circulation 125:2100-7. 2012....
- Parental occurrence of stroke and risk of stroke in their children: the Framingham studySudha Seshadri
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 E Concord St, B602, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Circulation 121:1304-12. 2010..Data relating parental history of stroke to stroke risk in offspring remain surprisingly inconsistent, largely because of heterogeneity of study design and the absence of verified, as opposed to historical, data on parental stroke status...
- Association of metabolic dysregulation with volumetric brain magnetic resonance imaging and cognitive markers of subclinical brain aging in middle-aged adults: the Framingham Offspring StudyZaldy S Tan
Veterans Administration Boston HealthcareSystem, Boston, MA, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1766-70. 2011..We aimed to comprehensively relate all of the components of metabolic dysregulation to cognitive function and brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in middle-aged adults...
- Plasma β-amyloid and MRI markers of cerebral small vessel disease: Three-City Dijon studySara Kaffashian
From INSERM U897 S K, C T, A s, C D, Y Z, S D, University of Bordeaux, France Peking Union Medical College Hospital Y Z, Beijing, China CNRS CEA UMR 5296 F C, B M, University of Bordeaux, France University of California Davis P M CHRU de Lille S S M, L B, Lille, France INSERM U837 S S M, L B, Lille, France Department of Neurology S D, Bordeaux University Hospital, France Department of Neurology S D, Boston University School of Medicine, Framingham Heart Study, Boston, MA
Neurology 83:2038-45. 2014..We investigated the relation of circulating plasma β-amyloid (Aβ) with MRI markers of small vessel disease (SVD) in dementia-free community persons...
- Plasma lipids and cerebral small vessel diseaseSabrina Schilling
From the University of Bordeaux Ségalen S S, C T, C D, Y Z, A A, S D, INSERM U897 Neuroepidemiology, Bordeaux, France Pekin Union Medical College Hospital Y Z, China Inserm U1061 C B, Montpellier University Montpellier I C B University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6 A A CNRS CEA UMR5296 F C, B M, Université Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux University of Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines S D Department of Neurology S D, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris INSERM UMR S 1161 S D, Paris 7 University, France Department of Neurology S D, Bordeaux University Hospital, Bordeaux and Department of Neurology S D, Boston University School of Medicine, Framingham Heart Study, Boston, MA
Neurology 83:1844-52. 2014..We examined the cross-sectional association between lipid fractions and 2 MRI markers of cerebral small vessel disease, white matter hyperintensity volume (WMHV) and lacunes, representing powerful predictors of stroke and dementia...
- Primary prevention with lipid lowering drugs and long term risk of vascular events in older people: population based cohort studyAnnick Alperovitch
INSERM, U897 Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Bordeaux, France Université de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
BMJ 350:h2335. 2015..To determine the association between use of lipid lowering drugs (statin or fibrate) in older people with no known history of vascular events and long term risk of coronary heart disease and stroke..
- Genome-wide association studies of MRI-defined brain infarcts: meta-analysis from the CHARGE ConsortiumStephanie Debette
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
Stroke 41:210-7. 2010..We performed meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies of white participants in 6 studies comprising the Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genomic Epidemiology (CHARGE) consortium...
- Pathophysiology and risk factors of cervical artery dissection: what have we learnt from large hospital-based cohorts?Stephanie Debette
aDepartment of Neurology, Lariboisière Hospital bInserm Unit U740 cParis 7 University, DHU neurovasc Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France dDepartment of Neurology, Framingham Heart Study, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 27:20-8. 2014..Recent large collaborative projects have provided new insights into mechanisms and risk factors of CeAD...
- Identification of cis- and trans-acting genetic variants explaining up to half the variation in circulating vascular endothelial growth factor levelsStephanie Debette
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, B602, 72 East Concord St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Circ Res 109:554-63. 2011..Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) affects angiogenesis, atherosclerosis, and cancer. Although the heritability of circulating VEGF levels is high, little is known about its genetic underpinnings...