Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
Location: Boston, usa
- Olsen M, Filone C, Rozelle D, Mire C, Agans K, Hensley L, et al. Polyamines and Hypusination Are Required for Ebolavirus Gene Expression and Replication. MBio. 2016;7: pubmed publisher..Further investigation into the mechanism of eIF5A interaction with VP30 could provide insight into therapeutics to combat EBOV. ..
- Caballero I, Honko A, Gire S, Winnicki S, Mele M, Gerhardinger C, et al. In vivo Ebola virus infection leads to a strong innate response in circulating immune cells. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:707 pubmed publisher..This finding is in stark contrast to in vitro evidence showing a suppression of innate immune signaling, and it suggests that the strong innate response we observe in infected animals may be an important contributor to pathogenesis. ..
- Liu X, Speranza E, Munoz Fontela C, Haldenby S, Rickett N, Garcia Dorival I, et al. Transcriptomic signatures differentiate survival from fatal outcomes in humans infected with Ebola virus. Genome Biol. 2017;18:4 pubmed publisher..The data suggested that rapid analysis of the host response to infection in an outbreak situation can provide valuable information to guide an understanding of disease outcome and mechanisms of disease. ..
- Scherr S, Freedman D, Agans K, Rosca A, Carter E, Kuroda M, et al. Disposable cartridge platform for rapid detection of viral hemorrhagic fever viruses. Lab Chip. 2017;17:917-925 pubmed publisher..This would enable both research investigation of virus particle behavior and morphology and have the potential to be used in a diagnostic context, where direct imaging from samples such as blood and urine would be valuable. ..
- Connor J, McKenzie M, Parks G, Lyles D. Antiviral activity and RNA polymerase degradation following Hsp90 inhibition in a range of negative strand viruses. Virology. 2007;362:109-19 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that Hsp90 is a host factor that is important for the replication of many negative strand viruses. ..
- Schultz M, Isern S, Michael S, Corley R, Connor J, Frydman H. Variable Inhibition of Zika Virus Replication by Different Wolbachia Strains in Mosquito Cell Cultures. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher....
- Speranza E, Connor J. Host Transcriptional Response to Ebola Virus Infection. Vaccines (Basel). 2017;5: pubmed publisher..In this review, we outline the current knowledge gained by transcriptomic analysis of EVD. ..
- Ruedas J, Connor J. Generating Recombinant Vesicular Stomatitis Viruses for Use as Vaccine Platforms. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1581:203-222 pubmed publisher..This chapter gives a general overview of the workings of VSV as a vaccine platform and provides a detailed protocol for the generation of recombinant VSV from plasmids. ..
- Carter E, Seymour E, Scherr S, Daaboul G, Freedman D, Selim Ünlü M, et al. Visualizing Ebolavirus Particles Using Single-Particle Interferometric Reflectance Imaging Sensor (SP-IRIS). Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1628:259-270 pubmed publisher....
- Connor J, Kobinger G, Olinger G. Therapeutics Against Filovirus Infection. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2017;411:263-290 pubmed publisher..The ability to manage outbreaks with medical interventions beyond supportive care will require clinical trial design that will balance the benefits of the patient and scientific community. ..
- Mounce B, Olsen M, Vignuzzi M, Connor J. Polyamines and Their Role in Virus Infection. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2017;81: pubmed publisher..Here we review the diverse mechanisms in which viruses require polyamines and investigate blocking polyamine synthesis as a potential broad-spectrum antiviral approach. ..
- Speranza E, Altamura L, KULCSAR K, Bixler S, Rossi C, Schoepp R, et al. Comparison of Transcriptomic Platforms for Analysis of Whole Blood from Ebola-Infected Cynomolgus Macaques. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14756 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the development of an NHP-specific NanoString codeset should augment studies of filoviruses and other high containment infectious diseases without the infrastructure requirements of RNA-Seq technology. ..