Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Boston University
- Mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 suppresses lipolysis, stimulates lipogenesis, and promotes fat storagePartha Chakrabarti
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 59:775-81. 2010..In metazoans, target of rapamycin complex 1 (TORC1) plays the key role in nutrient- and hormone-dependent control of metabolism. However, the role of TORC1 in regulation of triglyceride storage and metabolism remains largely unknown...
- Adipose triglyceride lipase: a new target in the regulation of lipolysis by insulinPartha Chakrabarti
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Curr Diabetes Rev 7:270-7. 2011..In this article, we focus on the recent findings that highlight distinct molecular mechanisms by which insulin action is mediated and possible implications of the deregulation of these pathways in the pathophysiological context...
- SIRT1 controls lipolysis in adipocytes via FOXO1-mediated expression of ATGLPartha Chakrabarti
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Lipid Res 52:1693-701. 2011..Reduction of AMPK activity does not have a significant effect on the rates of lipolysis in this cell model. We conclude, therefore, that SIRT1 controls ATGL transcription primarily by deacetylating FoxO1...
- The multi-level action of fatty acids on adiponectin production by fat cellsShakun Karki
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28146. 2011..Thus, palmitate not only decreases adiponectin expression at the level of transcription but may also stimulate lysosomal degradation of newly synthesized adiponectin...
- FoxO1 controls insulin-dependent adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL) expression and lipolysis in adipocytesPartha Chakrabarti
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 284:13296-300. 2009..Thus, FoxO1 may play an important role in the regulation of lipolysis in adipocytes by controlling the expression of ATGL...