Audrey H Calderwood
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Colonoscopy quality: metrics and implementationAudrey H Calderwood
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine, 85 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 42:599-618. 2013..Implementation of quality improvement initiatives involves rapid assessments and changes on an iterative basis, and can be done at the individual, group, or facility level. ..
- Comprehensive validation of the Boston Bowel Preparation ScaleAudrey H Calderwood
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University Medical Center, 85 East Concord Street, 7th Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 72:686-92. 2010..The Boston Bowel Preparation Scale (BBPS) is a novel bowel cleanliness rating scale that has undergone partial validation previously...
- An endoscopist-blinded, randomized, controlled trial of a simple visual aid to improve bowel preparation for screening colonoscopyAudrey H Calderwood
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 73:307-14. 2011..An improvement in patient understanding of the rationale for bowel preparation before colonoscopy might enhance adherence to the prescribed bowel regimen and improve bowel preparation quality...
- The Boston bowel preparation scale: a valid and reliable instrument for colonoscopy-oriented researchEdwin J Lai
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 69:620-5. 2009..Most scales were intended for comparing oral purgatives and fail to account for washing and/or suctioning by the endoscopist. This limits their utility in studies of colonoscopy outcomes, such as polyp-detection rates...
- Boston Bowel Preparation Scale scores provide a standardized definition of adequate for describing bowel cleanlinessAudrey H Calderwood
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 80:269-76. 2014..Establishing a threshold of bowel cleanliness below which colonoscopies should be repeated at accelerated intervals is important, yet there are no standardized definitions for an adequate preparation...
- Nationwide variability of colonoscopy preparation instructionsLoc Ton
Boston University Medical Center, 85 East Concord Street, Room 7721, Boston, MA, 02118, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:1726-32. 2014..Patients undergoing colonoscopy are typically provided preparation instructions. However, these are not standardized for type of bowel purgative, dietary restrictions, or management of prescription and nonprescription medications...