Audrey H Calderwood
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Colonoscopy quality: metrics and implementationAudrey H Calderwood
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine, 85 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 42:599-618. 2013..Implementation of quality improvement initiatives involves rapid assessments and changes on an iterative basis, and can be done at the individual, group, or facility level. ..
- Comprehensive validation of the Boston Bowel Preparation ScaleAudrey H Calderwood
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University Medical Center, 85 East Concord Street, 7th Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 72:686-92. 2010..The Boston Bowel Preparation Scale (BBPS) is a novel bowel cleanliness rating scale that has undergone partial validation previously...
- An endoscopist-blinded, randomized, controlled trial of a simple visual aid to improve bowel preparation for screening colonoscopyAudrey H Calderwood
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 73:307-14. 2011..An improvement in patient understanding of the rationale for bowel preparation before colonoscopy might enhance adherence to the prescribed bowel regimen and improve bowel preparation quality...
- Validity of a Web-based educational program to disseminate a standardized bowel preparation rating scaleAudrey H Calderwood
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University Medical Center Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology Division of Gastroenterology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
J Clin Gastroenterol 48:856-61. 2014..Our goal was to assess the validity of a Web-based educational program on the Boston Bowel Preparation Scale (BBPS)...
- The Boston bowel preparation scale: a valid and reliable instrument for colonoscopy-oriented researchEdwin J Lai
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 69:620-5. 2009..Most scales were intended for comparing oral purgatives and fail to account for washing and/or suctioning by the endoscopist. This limits their utility in studies of colonoscopy outcomes, such as polyp-detection rates...
- Boston Bowel Preparation Scale scores provide a standardized definition of adequate for describing bowel cleanlinessAudrey H Calderwood
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 80:269-76. 2014..Establishing a threshold of bowel cleanliness below which colonoscopies should be repeated at accelerated intervals is important, yet there are no standardized definitions for an adequate preparation...
- Nationwide variability of colonoscopy preparation instructionsLoc Ton
Boston University Medical Center, 85 East Concord Street, Room 7721, Boston, MA, 02118, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:1726-32. 2014..Patients undergoing colonoscopy are typically provided preparation instructions. However, these are not standardized for type of bowel purgative, dietary restrictions, or management of prescription and nonprescription medications...