Affiliation: Boston College
- Cell polarity emerges at first cleavage in sea urchin embryosLea M Alford
Biology Department, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Dev Biol 330:12-20. 2009..These studies suggest that cell and embryonic polarity is established at the first cleavage, mediated in part by the Par complex of proteins, and is achieved by directed insertion of basolateral membrane in the cleavage furrow...
- Site selection for the cleavage furrow at cytokinesisDavid R Burgess
Department of Biology, Boston College, Higgins Hall, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA 02167 3811, USA
Trends Cell Biol 15:156-62. 2005..In this article (which is part of the Cytokinesis series), we present a summary and critique of the major models for the roles of the mitotic apparatus microtubules in stimulating furrow formation at cytokinesis...
- Cytokinesis: new roles for myosinDavid R Burgess
Boston College, Biology Department, MA 02467, USA
Curr Biol 15:R310-1. 2005..New and surprising research shows that myosin, either through light chain phosphorylation or through its ATPase activity, also plays an important role in both the assembly and disassembly of the actin contractile ring...
- Cytokinesis and the establishment of early embryonic cell polarityDavid R Burgess
Department of Biology, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02468, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 36:384-6. 2008..The role of new membrane addition into the late cleavage furrow during the early rounds of cytokinesis may play a key role in the early establishment of cell polarity in all animal embryos...
- Cytokinesis: LET-ting the asters signalDavid R Burgess
Biology Department, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Curr Biol 17:R130-2. 2007..A new study in Caenorhabditis elegans has identified the polarity factor LET-99 and its heterotrimeric G-protein regulators as components of the signaling pathway downstream of astral microtubules...
- Cytokinesis: a new lipid aboard the raftLea M Alford
Biology Department, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Curr Biol 18:R921-3. 2008..Several components of membrane rafts play a critical role in cytokinesis. A recent paper reports a new lipid component of these rafts required for proper cell division...
- Transitions regulating the timing of cytokinesis in embryonic cellsCharles B Shuster
Department of Biology, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Curr Biol 12:854-8. 2002....
- Movement of membrane domains and requirement of membrane signaling molecules for cytokinesisMichelle M Ng
Department of Biology, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Dev Cell 9:781-90. 2005..These studies suggest that membrane domains at the cleavage furrow possess a signaling pathway that contributes to cytokinesis...
- Induction of cytokinesis is independent of precisely regulated microtubule dynamicsLaila I Strickland
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:4485-94. 2005..Our findings indicate that astral MT contact with the cortex is necessary for furrow initiation but that the dynamic state of astral MTs does not affect their competency to stimulate furrowing...
- Pathways for membrane trafficking during cytokinesisLaila I Strickland
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA
Trends Cell Biol 14:115-8. 2004..Furthermore, new work reveals that vesicles derived from the Rab11 recycling endosome (RE) promote actin remodeling at the furrow...
- Rounding-up on the TCB Cytokinesis seriesDavid R Burgess
Trends Cell Biol 15:633-4. 2005
- REGULATION OF CYTOKINESIS IN ANIMAL CELLSDavid Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..