Kristin R Baker
Affiliation: Boston University
- Association of plasma n-6 and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids with synovitis in the knee: the MOST studyK R Baker
Boston University Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston, MA 02215, United States
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 20:382-7. 2012..Future studies manipulating the systemic levels of these fatty acids may be warranted to determine the effects on structural damage in knee OA...
- Exercise for knee osteoarthritisK Baker
The Boston University Multipurpose Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 12:456-63. 2000..The mechanism of exercise remains unclear and merits future studies to better define a concise, clear exercise protocol that may have the potential for a public health intervention...
- Quadriceps weakness and its relationship to tibiofemoral and patellofemoral knee osteoarthritis in Chinese: the Beijing osteoarthritis studyKristin R Baker
Clinical Epidemiology and Research Training Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:1815-21. 2004....
- A randomized crossover trial of a wedged insole for treatment of knee osteoarthritisKristin Baker
Veterans Affairs Boston Health Care System, Boston University Medical School, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:1198-203. 2007..The aim of this study was to test the efficacy of this simple, low-cost intervention for pain in patients with medial knee OA...
- Relation of synovitis to knee pain using contrast-enhanced MRIsK Baker
Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston University Medical Center, 650 Albany Street, Suite X200, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1779-83. 2010..It has been suggested that synovitis causes joint pain. On non-contrast-enhanced MRIs synovial thickening cannot be assessed and on these images synovitis has been inconsistently associated with pain...
- What WOMAC pain score should make a patient eligible for a trial in knee osteoarthritis?Joyce Goggins
Boston University Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit and the Arthritis Center, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Rheumatol 32:540-2. 2005..To evaluate different Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index (WOMAC) pain thresholds as eligibility criteria for a knee osteoarthritis (OA) trial and their effect on number of subjects recruited...
- The Relationship of n-3 Fatty Acids with Pain and Synovium in knee OAKristin Baker; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is a major public health issue with substantial economic impact that will increase as the population ages. Individuals with the disease are eager for nonpharmacological treatments such as a nutrition intervention. ..