Martin L Albert
Affiliation: Boston University
- Can drug therapies improve language functions of individuals with aphasia? A review of the evidenceReva B Klein
Boston University School of Medicine, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Semin Speech Lang 25:193-204. 2004..Selected neurotransmitters can improve language function in certain patients with aphasia. We discuss which neurotransmitters work for which language functions in which patients, and why...
- Subcortical dementia: historical review and personal viewMartin L Albert
Boston University School of Medicine, and Medical Research Service, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Neurocase 11:243-5. 2005
- Effects of health status on word finding in agingMartin L Albert
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:2300-5. 2009..To evaluate effects of health status on word-finding difficulty in aging, adjusting for the known contributors of education, sex, and ethnicity...
- Effects of hypertension and diabetes on sentence comprehension in agingDalia Cahana-Amitay
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Boston University, MA, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:513-21. 2013..To assess the impact of hypertension and diabetes mellitus on sentence comprehension in older adults...
- Bilateral brain regions associated with naming in older adultsLoraine K Obler
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Brain Lang 113:113-23. 2010....
- Neuropharmacology of verbal perseverationPatrick McNamara
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, VA New England Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Semin Speech Lang 25:309-21. 2004..Cholinesterase inhibitors and other cholinergic agents can reduce perseverative responding by reducing verbal intrusions...
- Brain and language: evidence for neural multifunctionalityDalia Cahana-Amitay
Boston University Medical School Department of Neurology, Harold Goodglass Aphasia Research Center and Language in the Aging Brain, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue 12A, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Behav Neurol 2014:260381. 2014....
- Modes of remembering in patients with chronic pain: relation to current painPatrick McNamara
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, VA New England Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:53-7. 2005..Those adopting field retrieval strategies may also evidence frontal system neuropsychologic anomalies...
- Noun and verb retrieval in healthy agingAnna I Mackay
Boston University School of Medicine and VA Boston Healthcare System, Harold Goodglass Aphasia Research Center, MA 02130, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 8:764-70. 2002..We discuss these new findings in relation to evidence of dissociations in object and action naming in brain-damaged individuals...
- TRAINING IN ADULT COMMUNICATIVE DISORDERSMartin Albert; Fiscal Year: 2002..This program has produced a total of 36 post-doctoral trainees, a high proportion of whom have gone on to careers in research and training in the field of adult communicative disorders. ..