Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Boston University
- Mechanisms of respiratory innervation during embryonic developmentLinh Aven
The Pulmonary Center Boston University School of Medicine Boston, MA USA
Organogenesis 9:194-8. 2013..In this review, we focus on signaling mechanisms that underlie innervation of the embryonic respiratory tract. ..
- An NT4/TrkB-dependent increase in innervation links early-life allergen exposure to persistent airway hyperreactivityLinh Aven
1The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
FASEB J 28:897-907. 2014....
- A new approach for the study of lung smooth muscle phenotypes and its application in a murine model of allergic airway inflammationJesus Paez-Cortez
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e74469. 2013..Ultimately, this tool will provide direction and guidance for the logical development of new markers and approaches for studying human lung smooth muscle. ..
- Derivation of lung mesenchymal lineages from the fetal mesothelium requires hedgehog signaling for mesothelial cell entryRadhika Dixit
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Development 140:4398-406. 2013..These findings further support a paradigm wherein the mesothelium is a source of progenitors for mesenchymal lineages during organogenesis and indicate that signals controlling mesothelial cell entry are organ specific. ..
- Neural crest cell origin and signals for intrinsic neurogenesis in the mammalian respiratory tractAliete Langsdorf
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:293-301. 2011....
- Trinucleotide repeat containing 6a (Tnrc6a)-mediated microRNA function is required for development of yolk sac endodermZhihua Jiang
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 287:5979-87. 2012....
- miR-326 is downstream of Sonic hedgehog signaling and regulates the expression of Gli2 and smoothenedZhihua Jiang
1 Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts and
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 51:273-83. 2014..Together, these findings suggest a novel miR-326-negative feedback loop in regulating the activity of Shh signaling. ..
- A Shh/miR-206/BDNF cascade coordinates innervation and formation of airway smooth muscleKelsi Radzikinas
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Neurosci 31:15407-15. 2011..Together, our work uncovers a functional cascade that involves Shh, miR-206 and BDNF to coordinate ASM formation and innervation...
- Molecular determinants of lung developmentEdward E Morrisey
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Am Thorac Soc 10:S12-6. 2013..This manuscript describes the summary of the discussion along with general recommendations to overcome the gaps in knowledge in lung developmental biology...