Mark E Boseley
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease type 1 and pediatric true vocal fold paralysisMark E Boseley
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA 02114 3914, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:345-7. 2006..In children with bilateral vocal fold paralysis who also have other neurologic abnormalities, the clinician should consider the possibility of CMT as the cause...
- Efficacy of treating children with anterior commissure and true vocal fold respiratory papilloma with the 585-nm pulsed-dye laserChristopher J Hartnick
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston 02114, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:127-30. 2007..To report preliminary results regarding the safety and efficacy of the 585-nm pulsed-dye laser (PDL) for the treatment of juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (JORRP) in the pediatric population...
- The utility of the fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) in diagnosing and treating children with Type I laryngeal cleftsMark E Boseley
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Otolaryngology, Boston, 02114 3914, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:339-43. 2006..The pattern of laryngeal aspiration seen with FEES can help in diagnosis and management in this patient population...
- Pediatric partial cricotracheal resection: a new technique for the posterior cricoid anastomosisMark E Boseley
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:318-22. 2006..Partial cricotracheal resection has become a more popular procedure in the pediatric population as a treatment for severe subglottic stenosis. We describe a new technique for the posterior cricoid anastomosis...
- Validation of the Pediatric Voice-Related Quality-of-Life surveyMark E Boseley
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:717-20. 2006..To validate the Pediatric Voice-Related Quality-of-Life (PVRQOL) survey, which was designed to assess voice changes over time in the pediatric population...
- Development of the human true vocal fold: depth of cell layers and quantifying cell types within the lamina propriaMark E Boseley
Department of Otology and Laryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 115:784-8. 2006..We sought to further describe the development of the 3-layered human vocal fold in children and to quantify macrophage and myofibroblast concentrations in each layer...
- Spasmodic dysphonia in an adolescent patient with an autoimmune neurologic disorderMark E Boseley
Madigan Army Medical Center, Washington, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 28:140-2. 2007..She was treated with botulinum toxin, which resulted in a significant improvement in subjective voice as well as reduced jitter and shimmer on objective voice measurements...
- Conservative treatment of an obstructing vocal fold granulomaMark E Boseley
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Brook Army Medical Center, Ft Sam Houston, Tex, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 82:550. 2003
- Laryngeal sporotrichosis mimicking merkel cell carcinoma recurrenceLakeisha R Henry
Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:336-8. 2005
- Assessing the outcome of surgery to correct velopharyngeal insufficiency with the pediatric voice outcomes surveyMark E Boseley
Brooke Army Medical Center, 3851 Roger Brooke Drive, San Antonio, TX 78234, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:1429-33. 2004..To assess the functional outcome of surgery for velopharyngeal insufficiency (VPI) by administering the pediatric voice outcomes survey (PVOS) to the parents of the affected children...
- Endoscopic management of anterior skull base encephalocelesMark E Boseley
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 113:30-3. 2004....
- A useful algorithm for managing the difficult pediatric airwayMark E Boseley
Madigan Army Medical Center, Bldg 9040 Fitzsimmons Dr, Tacoma, WA 98431, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1317-20. 2007..A new adjuvant airway tool is also presented, as well as a list of equipment for the operating room. We will attempt to emphasize key points while presenting a patient that we have recently treated...