- Esophageal disease in patients with AIDS: diagnosis and treatmentM Bonacini
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 8:811-23. 1998..Such short survival may be explained by the underlying immunosuppression, as well as a decrease in nutritional intake due to difficulty swallowing...
- Prevalence of hepatitis G virus RNA in the sera of patients with HIV infectionM Bonacini
Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey, California 90242, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 19:40-3. 1998..The routes of transmission of the hepatitis G virus (HGV) are similar to those responsible for infection with HIV. We sought to evaluate the prevalence of HGV RNA in the sera of HIV-infected patients...
- Pruritus in patients with chronic human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B and C virus infectionsM Bonacini
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Dig Liver Dis 32:621-5. 2000....
- Effect of coexisting HIV-1 infection on the diagnosis and evaluation of hepatitis C virusM Bonacini
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 90033, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 26:340-4. 2001..To evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of the test for antibodies to hepatitis C virus by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (anti-HCV ELISA-2) in patients with and without HIV-1 infection...
- Medical management of benign oesophageal disease in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infectionM Bonacini
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Dig Liver Dis 33:294-300. 2001..The latter frequently recur after treatment, and have been associated with the development of oesophageal strictures. More information is needed on the role of maintenance therapy particularly for viral infections...
- Chronic hepatitis C in ethnic minority patients evaluated in Los Angeles CountyM Bonacini
Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:2438-41. 2001..Asians, Latinas, and African Americans are less likely to report injection drug use as a risk factor for hepatitis C virus. Latinos seem to have faster liver fibrosis progression rates than either African Americans or whites...
- Jaundice and hepatocellular damage associated with nevirapine therapyM Prakash
Division of Infectious Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:1571-4. 2001..No patient was rechallenged with the drug. CONCLUSION: Nevirapine can be associated with icteric hepatitis, which appears to be reversible after withdrawal of the drug...
- Intrahepatic lymphocyte phenotypes in hepatitis C virus infection: a comparison between cirrhotic and non-cirrhotic liversM Bonacini
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 53:1-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the frequency of intrahepatic mononuclear cell phenotypes in patients with chronic HCV. Another aim was to assess the relationship of nonparenchymal cells with liver fibrosis...