Nina L Alesci
Affiliation: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Does insurance coverage for drug therapy affect smoking cessation?Raymond G Boyle
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:162-8. 2002..Further studies are needed to test whether greater efforts to make smokers aware of insurance benefits or adding other types of cessation support might lead to any beneficial effects...
- Smoking visibility, perceived acceptability, and frequency in various locations among youth and adultsNina L Alesci
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, 1305 Corporate Center, E333, Eagan, MN 55121, USA
Prev Med 36:272-81. 2003..This study tests whether there is an association between high visibility of smoking, perceived acceptability of smoking, and where youth smoke...
- Modifiable health behaviors and short-term medical costs among health plan membersPatricia C Bland
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, Healthcare Informatics, Eagan, MN 55121, USA
Am J Health Promot 23:265-73. 2009..Describe the relationship among modifiable health behaviors and short-term medical costs...
- Physician smoking-cessation actions: are they dependent on insurance coverage or on patients?Leif I Solberg
Health Partners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:160-5. 2002..We tested the hypothesis that the introduction of coverage for smoking-cessation pharmacotherapy by the health plans covering most of the population in one region would increase physician use of 5A's...
- Does a health plan effort to increase smokers' awareness of cessation medication coverage increase utilization and cessation?Nina L Alesci
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota 55164 0560, USA
Am J Health Promot 18:366-9. 2004..To test whether a mailing describing new coverage for smoking cessation medications increases benefit knowledge, utilization, and quitting...
- The relationship of stage of change for smoking cessation to stage of change for fruit and vegetable consumption and physical activity in a health plan populationNancy A Garrett
Health Services Analysis and Reporting at HealthPartners in Minneapolis, Minnesota 54410 1309, USA
Am J Health Promot 19:118-27. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between stage of change for smoking cessation and stage of change for (1) fruit and vegetable consumption and (2) physical activity...
- A randomized trial of a pay-for-performance program targeting clinician referral to a state tobacco quitlineLawrence C An
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1993-9. 2008..Tobacco quitlines offer clinicians a means to connect their patients with evidence-based treatments. Innovative methods are needed to increase clinician referral...